What 2021 recruits are underrated?

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
We have a few 3 Stars that I think should be - and may end up as a 4 star.

Ryan Rodriguez
Khalil Brantley
Alan Haye
Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Ja’Corey Hammett
Tim Burns
Malik Curtis

I think Rodriguez will end up as one - Top 3 Center in the country

Tyler Johnson and Troutman also have physical traits that I think they can blow up and be 4 stars.

We need to keep stacking blue chip players. Over 50% is important. We just got over that. The top teams are over 70-80% - we have a ways to go to reach that level.

Advertisement
All of them, Hammett is twitched up, a legit 6'3, and can be an OLB or DE. Rodriguez is a dog, Troutman has not been to many camps therefore recruiting services have not been able to completely evaluate him, Haye has been playing foot all for 2 years, Johnson according to some people is elite elite like 5 star elite. Tim Burns, twitched up and has bunnies, very good athletic traits to build off on when he gets in a college S&C, Brantley is a dog. We still need more blue chips though

Rodriguez should be a top 150 player. Hes elite, and grossly under rated.

Theres a few that can be borderline 4 stars like Tyler and Hammet, but those arent as egregious as Rodriguez.

Advertisement
Troutman & T. Johnson. Ryan Rodriguez is also a possiblity. He's already a borderline 4* by the 247 Composite (natl 395 ranked, #6 OC and .8851 grade) & 247's rates him even closer to 4* status(#3 OC &89 grade). The recruiting services don't seem to like give the OC position to many 4 or 5 stars normally so there's that but he should be the for sure 4* top 200 type kid or better. Brantley is a borderline guy to me. No one else though.

Keep it that way. Everyone we have is not a questionable take imo. The only argument is Curtis and we’ve spoken at length about him in other threads. I think the class has some great players in it with the right character traits. Some of the guys are “killers” on the field but off the field are good guys unlike some ufag guys of late. The class is good. Not elite. But good and hopefully we build

Advertisement

Ryan Rodriguez
Khalil Brantley

Alan Haye
Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Ja’Corey Hammett
Tim Burns
Malik Curtis

Tyler Johnson and Troutman also have physical traits that I think they can blow up and be 4 stars.

We need to keep stacking blue chip players. Over 50% is important. We just got over that. The top teams are over 70-80% - we have a ways to go to reach that level.
those 3 should absolutely end up 4* by the end of the cycle. Johnson and Troutman have an outside shot I'd say.

Advertisement
Keep it that way. Everyone we have is not a questionable take imo. The only argument is Curtis and we’ve spoken at length about him in other threads. I think the class has some great players in it with the right character traits. Some of the guys are “killers” on the field but off the field are good guys unlike some ufag guys of late. The class is good. Not elite. But good and hopefully we build
I wouldn't be surprised if Rodriguez starts getting rating boosts as the season goes on. He may not be under rated by the time comes to sign a LOI. But I'm getting the sense from the other thread that Curtis is getting overlooked in a major way. That doesn't mean I'm saying he a diamond in the rough either. I just hope they're spot on with their evaluations.

Last edited:

Ryan Rodriguez
Khalil Brantley
Alan Haye
Tyler Johnson
Deshawn Troutman
Ja’Corey Hammett
Tim Burns
Malik Curtis

I keep hearing that Tyler Johnson is criminally underrated, he seems like an athletic freak and frankly if he’s half the leader his older brother was I’m perfectly fine with him being a well kept secret.

There is a very strong argument that Ryan Rodriguez is a top 3 center this class, I think he still only finishes as a very high 3* because he’s a center not a guard or tackle.

Advertisement
The criminally underrated 3* FL prospects are our bread and butter. Greg Rousseau, Jafari Harvey, Sam Brooks, Avery Huff all come to mind. Miami’s blue chip ratio is higher than what the paper really says IMO.

Not underrated by 247, but underrated by the board is Jacolby George.

That boy is really gonna be a big time playmaker for us, people get too caught up on Freshman year 40 times & don't realize that kid is much faster in his playing speed than just testing numbers.

And my boy Allan Haye's upside is sky high, his best football will played in college.

Advertisement
Back