What’s the Deal With Ed Reed?

Advertisement
I’d take him as DC
source (3).gif

Advertisement
Mario will be the next HC. Ed Reed DC. Mike Leach OC. Athletic Director? This whole **** site will contribute, and make roughly $5.63 a week, saving the athletic department millions.

He's been a sideshow since day one.

Want to get serious? The see if he can cut it as a position coach.
never going to happen.

whatever benefit Reed could have brought to the program was negated by having a HC who espoused none of Reed's beliefs and principles for running the program.

i've heard Reed say that the players are soft and that Manny does nothing about it.

in addition, manny has never had any credibility with Reed or more importantly with the players. he never played the game, he has a lisp that compromises his masculinity and he thinks he's the smartest guy in the program (which implies that you are inferior to him).

Advertisement
never going to happen.

whatever benefit Reed could have brought to the program was negated by having a HC who espoused none of Reed's beliefs and principles for running the program.

i've heard Reed say that the players are soft and that Manny does nothing about it.

in addition, manny has never had any credibility with Reed or more importantly with the players. he never played the game, he has a lisp that compromises his masculinity and he thinks he's the smartest guy in the program (which implies that you are inferior to him).
Ok, I get. But still doesn't answer my question.

Why isn't he a position coach in CFB/NFL?

Ok, I get. But still doesn't answer my question.

Why isn't he a position coach in CFB/NFL?

I don't know. i HAVE heard him say that he doesn't want to be a coach at Miami because of his personal commitments. I don't know what happened at Buffalo other than there was regime changed and he wasn't retained.

from my perch, i can't see him making a commitment to coaching. he doesn't need it and he seems to be enjoying himself too much to give it up.

Advertisement
Ed Reed should have made the tackle on Fields against Penn State in 99. That's what this is probably about.

Advertisement
If Ed wants to coach, he should be able to negotiate that with the administration and start out as a position coach, assuming the new HC is cool with it. But, does he want to coach is the question...?

Advertisement
Back