What’s the better group?

Canemang

Senior
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
7,682
2024
Ward
Martinez
Fletcher
Restrepo
George
Horton
Arroyo

2026
Mensah
Fletcher
Mallory
Toney
Barkate
Upshaw
Lofton

Obviously 24 OL was better, so let’s assume both groups have the same OL
 
QB - Mensah
RB - Fletcher 2 years older and while Martinez was great down the stretch, he struggled for a good part of the season. Mallory looks like the real deal. Give me 2026
WR - 2026
TE - Arroyo

All that to say, give me this year’s group
 
I saw 2024 team get shut down by GT. I think Ward was told “No more hero ball” for that game.
 
I like '24 better.. Martinez avg 6.3 a carry and young fletcher, Restrepo production is close enough.. Im better at all other spots with even Sam Brown producing explosive plays thru season and had over 500 yards.. Arroyo and Horton and George numbers will be close to 2k yards and 20 TDS.. Much more balance team where a defense can have all eyes on one guy and shut down offense..

26 offense got to do alot more to live up to #1 WR core in nation we all were screaming, myself included. Mali best skill guy overall but I still like '24 better..
 
You guys are disrespecting Wars. Mensah is **** good, but I’d take Ward over him. Otherwise this years squad for sure.
 
You guys are disrespecting Wars. Mensah is **** good, but I’d take Ward over him. Otherwise this years squad for sure.
I think the skill guys are being disrespected lol.. '24 offense was on another level, they will be disrespected due to their Defense.. The production is unmatched..
 
One group had a full season & the other has played 5 games, at least 2 where starters played barely a half, so let’s have a serious debate in November or after a playoff run.
 
One group had a full season & the other has played 5 games, at least 2 where starters played barely a half, so let’s have a serious debate in November or after a playoff run.
Agreed. Im over here projecting stats over a season and we not even half way thru.. Either way, '24 offense was prolific. In '26 Mali is prolific but many others wont be able to match the production at this point.. Lets keep it to regular season and see how things play out..
 
2024
Ward
Martinez
Fletcher
Restrepo
George
Horton
Arroyo

2026
Mensah
Fletcher
Mallory
Toney
Barkate
Upshaw
Lofton

Obviously 24 OL was better, so let’s assume both groups have the same OL
I’m taking 26 at every spot except TE and MAYBE WR3.
 
Back
Top