What’s next for Miami?

Wildnation

Minnesota Nice
Now that Harris is gone, who is most likely to commit to the U next? Should things start picking up now that it’s May? Any word on that QB from Oregon that we went and visited?

Advertisement
We should stick the course and plan laid out by CMR and staff. Continue to visits key prospects, send edits, spread the word about paradise, evaluate new kids and throw out offers. The Harris debacle sucks because we had him and then lost him overnight but keep in mind we were only in the game due to Coach Simpson. We will be fine.

We should stick the course and plan laid out by CMR and staff. Continue to visits key prospects, send edits, spread the word about paradise, evaluate new kids and throw out offers. The Harris debacle sucks because we had him and then lost him overnight but keep in mind we were only in the game due to Coach Simpson. We will be fine.
And Simpson convinced him after one great visit. Great to know what a coach can do in one visit.

Advertisement
Now that Harris is gone, who is most likely to commit to the U next? Should things start picking up now that it’s May? Any word on that QB from Oregon that we went and visited?

I'm kinda shocked Keontra Smith hasn't committed yet. Unless he doesn't have a committed offer.

I think Huff/Smith/Zipperer/Ingraham all could be the next to pop.

Last edited:
I'm kinda shocked Devonta Smith hasn't committed yet. Unless he doesn't have a committed offer.

I think Huff/Smith/Zipperer/Ingraham all could be the next to pop.

You must be thinking of Keontra Smith. Yeah idk what he’s waiting for

You must be thinking of Keontra Smith. Yeah idk what he’s waiting for

Kentucky dropping bags too. Jk. Maybe. I don’t know.

There was a lot of smoke with him but nothing happened. Kind of unusual for a decommit to take this long when it’s been expected for months. I know it’s only May but I’m surprised he hasn’t pulled the trigger yet which is making me doubtful.

Advertisement
go get Bogle, Jermaine Johnson, Ingraham, etc. and we'll forget all about this Harris sh*t

Kentucky dropping bags too. Jk. Maybe. I don’t know.

There was a lot of smoke with him but nothing happened. Kind of unusual for a decommit to take this long when it’s been expected for months. I know it’s only May but I’m surprised he hasn’t pulled the trigger yet which is making me doubtful.

He’s still committed to Kentucky. Ivins of 247 said he’s likely to be the next committ whenever he does the flip

Advertisement
I thought I read that most of the STA recruits will be announcing after Spring Football is over some time in June.

Advertisement
It Better be a new recruiting pitch, quit talking about staying home and pitch playing ball at nflu, one of the most storied programs in college football, new facilities on campus as well as being a part of building something special.

That stay home pitch is getting stale and doesn’t resonate with everyone

Are all you guys that broke down there that you can’t break these kids a lil something off? Wait til I retire. We’re going get get everyone. We’ll be turning 5*’s away.

It Better be a new recruiting pitch, quit talking about staying home and pitch playing ball at nflu, one of the most storied programs in college football, new facilities on campus as well as being a part of building something special.

That stay home pitch is getting stale and doesn’t resonate with everyone
They are pitching all that. You really think they aint selling the indoor when richt got his own money in it? They are constantly posting shît on twitter about what miami players have been drafted and all that.

Miami will never have a "bag game" for a couple reasons.

1. the City of Miami. the reason why the bag game is so alive and well in SEC country is because many of these schools are located in nothing to do small towns. Football MAKES those areas and football is a RELIGION an OBSESSION and worth creating these "foundations" for. It brings personal happiness to many and becomes the commonly woven fabric that holds those area's societies/ communities together.

2. The culture of south Florida is so anti-Miami its sickening. I've never seen so much hatred for the "hometown" team. not all but many of these street agents, optimist coaches, high school coaches, grandmamas, mamas, and librarian/retired fire fighter fathers are so willing to sell out to the highest SEC bidder for the "come-up".

3. Been there done that. Yeah it was Nevin and yeah it wasn't as organized as the SEC but we had some type of "bag game" and the **** glorified cheerleader/booster went emotionally scarred female on us and ratted everything out when he didn't get his "return investment" from the players.

4. In SEC country boosters end up being not only ALUMNI but local Lawyers, Bankers, Principals, Judges and Plant owners all the way down to "Betty Sue the waitress" and "Bubba the janitor". EVERYBODY and their mama support their "dawgs", "hogs" "roll tide" etc.......

Our best hope would be for us to 1. set up a
"serviceable" foundation secretly funded by Miami NFL players, The Rock, Rick Ross, A-Rod and enthusiastic rich local cane fans that all have unbreakable pride in this U and want to see us win. 2. establish an unspoken code of honor (snitches get stiches). 3. I win the lottery and start the "Orange Sabastian Foundation" myself.

*joking about 1, 2 and 3. kinda

just sick of seeing Miami's return to elite CF being delayed due to a cheating system to poaches our best talent.

Advertisement
Back