WF had 587 yards against ND yesterday

Will their offense dictate that we play our base defense primarily?? If so McCloud will be a key this week.

Advertisement
They are a very good team, that have dominated almost every opponent they faced, this will be a monumental challenge. Can we win? Absolutely, but we will have to play our best game of the year. I can't wait, flying down on Thursday, it's going to be a long 3 day work week.

RJ and Norton, Molten and Bethel. They are the key to this game.

Every game, other than UGA, Notre Dame has blown open gigantic holes in the middle of everyone's defense. If we get washed in the middle like everyone else they've played, Adams will make a bunch of long house calls. Don't sleep on their receivers either. They've got some guys. Two really good TEs, that big WR St. Poo, Stefferson.

This will be an all-out war most likely.

I understand that giving up 587 to Wake wasn't the prettiest way to win but every team has a flat game. The fact that they gained over 700 helped even things out. I like to come to other boards to get a sense of how they feel about their teams and I have to say you guys are feeling awfully confident about the outcome. A couple of things I have noted. First, I saw in a previous thread that ND's OL isn't all that good. They will be the best offensive line Miami faces all year with the possible exception of Alabama. Second, I have also read that ND's D is not physical. I, for the most part, believe that's true. They are faster than many on this site give them credit for. They are as good as Va. Tech. Take away the Wake game and no one has scored more than 20 on that defense. The last point I want to make is on Wimbush. He is making strides as a passer. Would have thrown for well over 300 yards if our Wr's could catch the ball. If he's on, it could be a long game for the Canes because that will loosen up the run game.

With that being said, I think this game will be close, 3 pt game either way. One other thing ND doesn't do a whole lot is turn the ball over a whole lot. I've read that the weather could be dicey for the game. It sounds simplistic but whoever wins the turnover battle, wins the game. Should be a good one.

I understand that giving up 587 to Wake wasn't the prettiest way to win but every team has a flat game. The fact that they gained over 700 helped even things out. I like to come to other boards to get a sense of how they feel about their teams and I have to say you guys are feeling awfully confident about the outcome. A couple of things I have noted. First, I saw in a previous thread that ND's OL isn't all that good. They will be the best offensive line Miami faces all year with the possible exception of Alabama. Second, I have also read that ND's D is not physical. I, for the most part, believe that's true. They are faster than many on this site give them credit for. They are as good as Va. Tech. Take away the Wake game and no one has scored more than 20 on that defense. The last point I want to make is on Wimbush. He is making strides as a passer. Would have thrown for well over 300 yards if our Wr's could catch the ball. If he's on, it could be a long game for the Canes because that will loosen up the run game.

With that being said, I think this game will be close, 3 pt game either way. One other thing ND doesn't do a whole lot is turn the ball over a whole lot. I've read that the weather could be dicey for the game. It sounds simplistic but whoever wins the turnover battle, wins the game. Should be a good one.

You can't seriously be surprised by the confidence, contrary to what many will have you believe we're a pretty good football team, actually no one has been able to beat us so far this year. I realize that you may be sucked in by the media and their dismissal of Miami, at least up to last Saturday, but don't let them fool you.
Can you beat us, perhaps, but you're not going to find anyone here rolling over looking for a belly rub from the mighty Irish.
Your boys better buckle up.

Advertisement
I think Miami is a very good football team. I can always appreciate a team that can gut it out and find a way to win. It's a long season with lots of ebbs and flows. I couldn't think of a better "flat" game to have had before the biggest game of the season. ND has been crushing some very good teams so the Wake game should get them in proper frame of mind. No reading the accolades/rankings this week. Should be a great game.

Wimbush is a good QB that can definitely make plays running. Their OLine is solid too.

This ain’t gonna be a cakewalk.

Advertisement
Back