"We've got a long way to go"

It's actually Nick Saban's favorite line.
So you think that Al Golden is comparable to Nick Saban?

Uh, No. I just stated that it's Saban's favorite line along with "the process."

I also don't confuse you with a Hurricane Fan.

M2TH, how many degrees do you have from UM? 2 right? I guess that you're not a "real" fan.

Big difference from being an alumnus and a fan, as these message boards prove.

Evidence based arguments are hard to beat.

Evidence-based arguments are hard to beat, huh? That's classic coming from the same poster who completely ignored evidence after claiming a few days ago that Al Golden is a good coach who's just made some questionable decisions.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes/89154/post2261485#post2261485

Advertisement

M2TH, how many degrees do you have from UM? 2 right? I guess that you're not a "real" fan.

Yes M2TH wants the team to succeed and not be a bunch of pussys cause he's not really a fan. He's such an anti fan that he has an account on this site and is angered by the ******ry that occurs at Hecht under golden. You nailed it RudeBuddah.

LOL, AG's favorite line. How long Al? How long is this process? You've been saying this since day 1. smfh

So then if you aren't making a comparison between the two, what exactly is your point by pointing out that it's one of Nick Saban's favorite lines?

Every coach has his go to lines, from Jimmy to Saban to Urbie. Even Butch had some back when he was on the sidelines: "I'll never leave you guys. This is where I want to be" and, of course, "I don't know anything about what classes they were taking. That's not me."

Advertisement
The sad thing in this whole mess is Golden deserves to win, the dude came in with a 300 page book on how he was going to turn the U around. He did his homework, stuff like that doesn't happen for every interview. Battled strong for Miami during the allegations, and really held up the rep of Miami football. But when it comes down to it if you can't coach you can't coach, every team in the acc knows it. How many fake field goals or punts has Miami ran in the last 3 years? I can't remember any. He gets out coached every game, the canes have won because of pure talent vs lesser opponents. He's a class act but he wasn't built to coach at this level. so pay no attention to his lines because if he doesn't win him and James are out of a job.

The sad thing in this whole mess is Golden deserves to win, the dude came in with a 300 page book on how he was going to turn the U around. He did his homework, stuff like that doesn't happen for every interview. Battled strong for Miami during the allegations, and really held up the rep of Miami football. But when it comes down to it if you can't coach you can't coach, every team in the acc knows it. How many fake field goals or punts has Miami ran in the last 3 years? I can't remember any. He gets out coached every game, the canes have won because of pure talent vs lesser opponents. He's a class act but he wasn't built to coach at this level. so pay no attention to his lines because if he doesn't win him and James are out of a job.
Golden doesn't deserve anything. When you suck at your job, the only thing you deserve is getting fired.

Evidence-based arguments are hard to beat, huh? That's classic coming from the same poster who completely ignored evidence after claiming a few days ago that Al Golden is a good coach who's just made some questionable decisions.

https://www.canesinsight.com/thread/canes/89154/post2261485#post2261485

430a94c2_Denzel-Boom.gif

430a94c2_Denzel-Boom.gif

430a94c2_Denzel-Boom.gif

430a94c2_Denzel-Boom.gif

430a94c2_Denzel-Boom.gif

430a94c2_Denzel-Boom.gif

430a94c2_Denzel-Boom.gif

LOL, AG's favorite line. How long Al? How long is this process? You've been saying this since day 1. smfh

big difference. Al says it because he doesn't want high exceptions to be expected and is running away from the spotlight. Nick says it because he doesn't want his team to feel entitled and belittles his team to make them work harder. Al is an escape artist while Nick is a pressure motivator.

Advertisement

So then if you aren't making a comparison between the two, what exactly is your point by pointing out that it's one of Nick Saban's favorite lines?

That it is standard coach-speak to say that there is a lot of work left to do, there's a long way to go, etc. The point is that ANY coach says that, even those that have a top notch team will tell you that there's a lot of work needed and a long way to go.

I agree with what you are saying except for the fact that he deserves to win. Its more of a shame that he cant coach. He did a great job representing us through the NCAA storm. He has also done a good job getting the resources around campus (updated players lounge, new locker room, field turf, practice lights, training table, etc). He basically kept us from completely sinking after Shannon. Its just time for him to pass the torch to someone who can take us to another level.

Difference is saba wins 10 games and NC's and there fans chuckle and say " oh , just nick being nick ". We say " oh , stfu!"

Advertisement
Golden doesn't deserve anything. When you suck at your job, the only thing you deserve is getting fired.

Exactly!!! What does that mean? Like he's the only person to aspire to do well. Shannon aspired to do well here too. Coker actually did well and was let go. Al hasn't done anything but squandered talent and overblown the investigation(All we had to do was look at OSU and USC both programs who were guilty of worse scandals). He doesn't deserve anything.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back