****, We've Come A Long Way

Advertisement
Don't forget Duke putting up 48, or VTech scoring 42 on us that year.

I'll just draw your attention to 2012 when al gave up 52 (#20 K state), 41 (#10 ND), 41 (UVA), and 45 (Duke). On the year the D gave up 30.5 PPG and lost 5.

We've already covered '13, so how about '14? Good news is we only gave up 41 once. Bad news? Lost 7 games.

In '15 we gave up 58 to Clemson and 59 to UNC. Other than that, and losing 5 games, the D didn't give up much.

So I guess it's possible you're right, maybe Manny's worse than al. Time will tell. One thing I'll say is that at least Manny's trying to change things. If it doesn't work that'll be cold comfort, but he's trying harder than al did.

And what does 2+1=? 3. Which is what I said. @1LuvCane agreed with you, so I guess he has issues with adding as well. Duke was a top 25 team that year. And Va techs offense in 2013 was a **** of a lot better than our offense this year.

So you are going to draw attention to the team that didn't do the Harlem Shake? LMFAO. What does that have to do with this particular team? Not only that, but those offenses were all better than 2019 which couldn't score on La Tech.

And what does 2+1=? 3. Which is what I said. @1LuvCane agreed with you, so I guess he has issues with adding as well. Duke was a top 25 team that year. And Va techs offense in 2013 was a **** of a lot better than our offense this year.

So you are going to draw attention to the team that didn't do the Harlem Shake? LMFAO. What does that have to do with this particular team? Not only that, but those offenses were all better than 2019 which couldn't score on La Tech.
Lulz.....

Advertisement

So we're not going with "they both suck"? Cool, you win. The Harlem Shake is a black eye on an otherwise stellar team.

As for the adding, I'm fully aware. I was calling attention to the other teams we gave up big points to. Say what you want, but that's still UVA and Duke and being unable to hold teams like that under 40 pts is a fcking embarassment. It's not "oh well it's the noles at home", it's "these are inferior teams with inferior players and we can't stop them from scoring". UVA was particularly galling that year. DJ put up a jillion yards and did everything possible to win that game and we had a lead in the 4th. But I'll be damned if al's D didn't make Rocco look like a Heisman candidate the whole game. They were 9-14 on 3rd down. Think about how bad that is.

But whatever, Harlem Shake.

So we're not going with "they both suck"? Cool, you win. The Harlem Shake is a black eye on an otherwise stellar team.

As for the adding, I'm fully aware. I was calling attention to the other teams we gave up big points to. Say what you want, but that's still UVA and Duke and being unable to hold teams like that under 40 pts is a fcking embarassment. It's not "oh well it's the noles at home", it's "these are inferior teams with inferior players and we can't stop them from scoring". UVA was particularly galling that year. DJ put up a jillion yards and did everything possible to win that game and we had a lead in the 4th. But I'll be damned if al's D didn't make Rocco look like a Heisman candidate the whole game. They were 9-14 on 3rd down. Think about how bad that is.

But whatever, Harlem Shake.

I never said Golden didn't suck, but to say Mannys team would beat Goldens team is laughable. Letting a ranked Duke team score 40 points on you is nowhere near as embarrassing as getting blanked by La Tech. and Va tech put up 42 on us this year and that Va Tech team was nowhere near as good as Duke or FSU in 2013, even the 2013 Va Tech team was better than the one that lit up Mannys trash defense.

The Harlem Shake is the least of our worries since everybody was doing it at that time. Playing WWE is a black eye since literally nobody was doing it and the only ones that think its cool are 50 year olds living in their mother trailer. Mannys D has made multiple scrubs look like Heisman candidates, and at least Al had an Offense.

Long way? We're doing it during games now

This.

Golden only did crap like this during the offseason. At worst, he might done this crap on weekdays during the season. He sure as **** didn't do it during games.

This problem is actually worse than ever under Manny Diaz.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back