#WestCoastCanes

If we dont have the budget to get out and recruit nationally(Which I think is BS especially with a 3rd Turnover Chain on the way) why send out so many offers to National recruits.

I get offering to gauge interest and then full-fledgling recruiting them if they are legitimately interested. But offering to offer is something I cant get behind. You offer to offer a Freshman or Sophomore. Not a National Elite Junior during the Spring of his Junior year. At this point, if we are offering we need to be going all out.
Our budget is nowhere near the top schools and conferences in comparison. It's not horrible but it **** sure ain't on an sec level. Far as the turnover chain yall realize that the prices being thrown around are nonsense right. The turnover chain served its purpose but it's time to retire it. It's not about needing hype anymore. It's a sad gimmick if were not showing out on the field. You know how many times I cussed some of these boys out last year for celebrating with that nonsense while we getting mollywhopped on the field... that's sad and makes us look like a joke. Besides that anything aj is doing is 10 karat aftermarket nonsense. Only point to that is no part of that is 20 or 30 grand like I saw being quoted last year. #1 its donated and #2 it would be like 2k tops if we actually bought it.

Advertisement
Holy *** ****, where on this thread did the UM accountants come on and talk about what we were budgeting and what we could and could not afford. All this is ***king speculation on everyone’s and no one’s part. Who on here can tell us what the expense account is for out of state recruiting. Yeah,.. Crickets. That said if we are throwing feelers out and getting interest it’s best to remember MONEY TALKS, BULLSHYT WALKS. And get their *** on the stick. Just sayin’🙌🏿

I hate to say it but even this is an upgrade over the previous situation. Mike has been speaking with keele especially for more than a year. But it was always to check on him and update him with why we still hadn't offered. As I said previously it was many's choice not to offer these boys beforehand. Atleast we finally got the offers out so we can start making up ground. It's just sad cause if we were in this from the start we'd be **** tough to beat for 3 of the 4 kids mentioned and 1 that signed last year at Oregon. Now we are still in it for 2 of them and near the top for 1. Let's work I guess.

😭😭😭

Checc the dm homie

Holy *** ****, where on this thread did the UM accountants come on and talk about what we were budgeting and what we could and could not afford. All this is ***king speculation on everyone’s and no one’s part. Who on here can tell us what the expense account is for out of state recruiting. Yeah,.. Crickets. That said if we are throwing feelers out and getting interest it’s best to remember MONEY TALKS, BULLSHYT WALKS. And get their *** on the stick. Just sayin’🙌🏿
I'm sure you're right that no one here can show you an actual recruiting budget or accounting ledger but @dsddcane probably does know the general approach and if they're using budget as a reason for not doing certain things.

If he says that budget is an issue, I think it sucks, but I don't doubt that he's been told this - either by people in the program (coaches, staff, players...or other former players), recruits or a combination of the preceding.

Advertisement
Does anyone have an idea what our recruiting budget is?

Advertisement
I hate to say it but even this is an upgrade over the previous situation. Mike has been speaking with keele especially for more than a year. But it was always to check on him and update him with why we still hadn't offered. As I said previously it was many's choice not to offer these boys beforehand. Atleast we finally got the offers out so we can start making up ground. It's just sad cause if we were in this from the start we'd be **** tough to beat for 3 of the 4 kids mentioned and 1 that signed last year at Oregon. Now we are still in it for 2 of them and near the top for 1. Let's work I guess.

And those two and one are??? 👀

I would think if we pulled in the 50% out of the tri-county area, 25% from the rest of Florida, and then the final 25% from OOS that if we plan our offers accordingly that we could be serious players for those OOS kids who do love the U and want to come here. Doesn’t take much $$$ to do social media and then only go see them if there’s a real interest. At most we’re talking if we use the formula above is 6-7 young men.

Advertisement
Our budget is nowhere near the top schools and conferences in comparison. It's not horrible but it **** sure ain't on an sec level. Far as the turnover chain yall realize that the prices being thrown around are nonsense right. The turnover chain served its purpose but it's time to retire it. It's not about needing hype anymore. It's a sad gimmick if were not showing out on the field. You know how many times I cussed some of these boys out last year for celebrating with that nonsense while we getting mollywhopped on the field... that's sad and makes us look like a joke. Besides that anything aj is doing is 10 karat aftermarket nonsense. Only point to that is no part of that is 20 or 30 grand like I saw being quoted last year. #1 its donated and #2 it would be like 2k tops if we actually bought it.

Georgia Tech last year.

smh

I saw Flowe on Twitter Gator chomping in all Gator gear at an event. Was that a troll job?

I think Mullen has Chris Steele on those boys pretty hard. Especially Flowe. Flowe said in an interview he almost committed to Kirby when he has visiting UGA a week or so ago . He seems very high on UGA right now.

Advertisement
I would think if we pulled in the 50% out of the tri-county area, 25% from the rest of Florida, and then the final 25% from OOS that if we plan our offers accordingly that we could be serious players for those OOS kids who do love the U and want to come here. Doesn’t take much $$$ to do social media and then only go see them if there’s a real interest. At most we’re talking if we use the formula above is 6-7 young men.

That's pretty much been the formula for years and I can't argue.

For a school that hasn’t had the recruiting budget of other schools, we sure are sending offers to 5 star kids like we do have it.
Not having kids decommit will also say a lot.

Advertisement
Back