Were you surprised Brevin did not score

Advertisement
he’s a TE trying to outrun DBs. In what universe did you think he would outrun everyone? He’s an excellent TE but he doesn’t run a 4.4-4.5.

Step off AU, Based on the blocking Jordan should have scored. Pope loafs and Jordan looks back 3x, easy TD

He looked like he ran out of juice at the end. These guys were gassed. It didn’t translate to tv much but that was an incredibly physical game.

he also kept looking to see who was behind him. think he said as much or someone else said it on his twitter in a reply

I had to check who number 6 was again cause i swore cj henderson wasnt on our team

Advertisement
940013C8-1F51-4947-BF9C-B3647E17F3AF.jpeg

For those saying pope was avoiding the flag... he’s ahead of the guy. And let him run by him.

He ran out of gas and Noodles didn't help. Tapped on his helmet to be taken out right after.

Advertisement
Went back and rewatched this and his effort was not pathetic; he was wary of a penalty. He had two choices at that point: hold, or clip.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative some want on here. We have the weirdest fans. Yes, Pope would have likely had a flag there, 50 / 50 chance at best. He's a bill sixty soaking wet.

Not really surprised. Outside of Deejay this team is filled with guys that always come up short when a big play is possible.

Lmao @ people attacking Pope...

Our fans seriously just hate certain players on the team & will stop at nothing to bash them as much as possible.

A WR is somehow responsible for Brevin running out of gas on a long run...

A WR is supposed to block a guy that had he completely turned around & made contact with him would've been immediately flagged for holding like what almost always happens on our big plays that get called back.

But of course, a WR is held to a higher standard of blocking than our own Offensive ****** Line lol.

Plenty of times a hand on the shoe does nothing, other times it cause a fall. I was just glad he caught it and gained yardage afterwards.

Advertisement
I'm not one to blame Enos for everything but I hear this play was originally designed for Nesta. He likes his speed around the edge and wanted to work him into the run game.

That aside, if you follow the players Twitter even in a cursory manner then the consensus seems to agree with Brock's description of Brevin's running style there as the main fault.....although I'm sure they all think it was a strange play call.

Advertisement
Did people forget the Fake FG we ran on UF?

Mallory gets called for holding when all he did was barely put his forearm on the defender from a similar side angle & they called it back.

Same thing when Brevin got called for holding on the Cam Harris 60yd run, barely made contact immediately got flagged.

But yall are right, Pope should've turned around 180 degrees in full sprint & launched his body into the UVA DB, they definitely wouldn't have called it lol

Advertisement
Back