Were there any signs of ingenuity on offense this spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rok

N-U-D-E-S-I-N-B-I-O
I'd like to know if our staff displayed some willingness to think outside the box.

Regardless of our questionable depth at the RB position, did Dallas receive any carries or line-up in the backfield?

Did any receivers go in motion?

Was there anything seen that might inspire some confidence that they'll take advantage of the newly acquired talent?

Advertisement
how would anyone know? practices were closed to the public

The scrimmage in Boca was open to some.

There's always random people who are invited.

Ariz, D$, Geo, Lu, Marrero...these guys know something

I'd like to know if our staff displayed some willingness to think outside the box.

Regardless of our questionable depth at the RB position, did Dallas receive any carries or line-up in the backfield?

Was there anything seen that might inspire some confidence that they'll take advantage of the newly acquired talent?

O talent hadn't arrived other than Deejay. There was no focus on the run game. Didn't throw any HB passes in a snowstorm. Spring was all about evaluating how uninspiring all our QB's are.

Advertisement

Went to the scrimmage in Boca.

Short answer: No.

The West Virginia game was all I needed to see to show that our offense is a beautiful thing to watch if our QB is running the show correctly.

This a great question because I thought the offense lacked diversity big time. The encouraging thing that pointed to Richt "possibly" adding a degree of spread set plays was the visit by Mark Helfrige. Hopefully it was his visit was to add elements for our speedy receivers and increase pace. These two things will go a long way to bettering the offense.

Advertisement

The West Virginia game was all I needed to see to show that our offense is a beautiful thing to watch if our QB is running the show correctly.

yeah it can be pretty like the second half and last 10 mins of the first half or it can be like the first half where we cant get a new set of downs. what that game showed me was that our defense can keep us in games and gives us great opportunity to win even if we have slow starts.

yeah it can be pretty like the second half and last 10 mins of the first half or it can be like the first half where we cant get a new set of downs. what that game showed me was that our defense can keep us in games and gives us great opportunity to win even if we have slow starts.

We score 70 against WVU if it's that way all game. No offense has a successful scoring drive every single time.

Does the offense still need a lot of work? Yeah, I think it does. But it's a lot better now than it was the first half of the year (last year).

Advertisement
Coach isn't going to show anything before the FSU game.

Man, I'm done believing that about football coaches.

Every season we wait until "the big game" to see this unveiling of risky plays and novel concepts - and what we get is a bunch of malarkey.

Yes there was a middle finger in the air signal.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back