We're Not Even Transfer Portal U Anymore

• Thread starter Deleted member 23667
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 23667

According to Lane Kiffin, Bama took that away from Diaz too. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

"Now they go to cherry-pick players for any holes they may have like an Ohio State receiver [Jameson Williams] or a Tennessee linebacker [Henry To'o To'o]," Kiffin said. "So now, it's like not only do they get the best draft picks but they get to go into free agency and take players, so it really is going to set up one of the most talented teams ever, which is what we're getting ready to play."

Advertisement
According to Lane Kiffin, Bama took that away from Diaz too. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

"Now they go to cherry-pick players for any holes they may have like an Ohio State receiver [Jameson Williams] or a Tennessee linebacker [Henry To'o To'o]," Kiffin said. "So now, it's like not only do they get the best draft picks but they get to go into free agency and take players, so it really is going to set up one of the most talented teams ever, which is what we're getting ready to play."

Miami could still be portal U, Diaz deliberately decided not to dip too much into the portal this year as he felt the team was set at LB. Why that is, I have no idea.

Advertisement
I'd rather be developing and signing players that meet our every need than being portal champs.

Seems Bama & OSU rarely dip into the portal.

But they'd be dumb not to do so selectively IF that's keeps them on top.

Advertisement
I still think we edge them out with Phillips, King, Roche, Bolden, Borregales, Stevenson. 5 of 6 are NFL guys in some capacity (not King). That's pretty impressive.
Most of those are from previous years. This year's top find was Rambo. Stevenson is aight, but clearly better than our other CBs. King was good last year but he got hurt. Bolden is overrated.

UM can let more slip through their fingers with decades long consistency - than I've ever contemplated possible.

Advertisement
I'd rather be developing and signing players that meet our every need than being portal champs.

Seems Bama & OSU rarely dip into the portal.

But they'd be dumb not to do so selectively IF that's keeps them on top.
Bama's leading receiver and leading tackler are portal guys...........

I know Zombie.

That's why I said RARELY.

For a minute I thought you were going to ask me to hold my breath again
I completely understand your point, but I did find it pretty amazing how it is working out for Bama this year. I guess they really had to reload to face the juggernaut Canes.......................LOL

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back