We're in a lot of trouble

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
We've played one good game in a month, and we lost. We didn't play well against VT, they're just that bad. This was pathetic tonight, and I really don't see it turning around. Teams found us out around the FSU road game. We won some more, barely, and now we've lost 3 of 4, two of them to HORRIBLE teams. Stop talking about a #1 seed. Heck, stop even talking about a #2. Play like this Saturday, and we'll lose again.

Advertisement
Team has lost it's mojo. You have the title on the line, up by double digits early. You let a team hang around and get out hustled at the end. no question. Bad loss.

You're overlooking the simple answer to what ails this team.

There is no functional depth in the back court. There is now, since RJ can't play for squat, no functional depth in the front court.

We are asking our starting 5 to play 35+ minutes for an entire season, and it's caught up to us.

Sometimes the answers are so simple, you can't see it.

Advertisement
Team has lost it's mojo. You have the title on the line, up by double digits early. You let a team hang around and get out hustled at the end. no question. Bad loss.

pathetic in every regard...we had a chance to have our first and last undefeated home season ever and we blew it...we also could have been the second ever ACC to win 16 conferences games and we blew that as well

we threw away the one seed and now probably gotta make the ACCCG just to get a two seed

PATHETIC!!!!!!!!!

There is no functional depth in the back court. There is now, since RJ can't play for squat, no functional depth in the front court.

We are asking our starting 5 to play 35+ minutes for an entire season, and it's caught up to us.

So basically, we're done. We'll beat Clemson, probably win our first ACCT game, before losing in the ACC semis. We'll get a #3 or #4 seed, win in the first round, and then only advance past that if we get out from the outside.

So basically, we're done. We'll beat Clemson, probably win our first ACCT game, before losing in the ACC semis. We'll get a #3 or #4 seed, win in the first round, and then only advance past that if we get out from the outside.
I wouldn't say we're done but its not looking good. I just hope coach L can wake these guys up and if there is a second gear I hope they find it.

Advertisement
blows my mind that there are people on here who some how think we are going to go on some crazy run come tourney time. the team has been a sinking ship since we went to FSU. even the duke game, our defense just awful. no excuse.

Man I'm angry right now. This is what I get for starting to dream about a F4 or beyond. Just a terrible loss.

I feel like a 5XNCdouche saying this, but yes, that's kind of what I've seen coming down the pipe for a few weeks. We won't beat UNC or NCSU with 6 players in the ACC Semis, you can take that to the bank.

Reggie is really close to being a lost cause. Larranaga knew JG needed a rest deep in the game, and still didn't bring Fat Boy in. That says a lot of about what Coach thinks of his play.

The wild card to everything is Rion Brown. Somehow, some way, this ************ has GOT to make at least 2-3 field goals a game for us, especially his wide open 3 looks. He's getting incredible shots and it's just not going in. It's so imperative for him to provide "bridge" points when our top players like Larkin and Kadji are tired or simply not looking to score. It's something every good team has and takes for granted, but because our margin for error has been erased with the lack of bench players, we're going to be hanging on for him to give us something at a critical point to help out.

I was hoping we could have locked it up tonight to start resting players against Clemson, which is a far worse shooting team than GT, but that's out the window. We need to draw a 1-line to try and avoid the 3-seed in the Semis.

blows my mind that there are people on here who some how think we are going to go on some crazy run come tourney time. the team has been a sinking ship since we went to FSU. even the duke game, our defense just awful. no excuse.

We're ******* tired. Eventually, the cracks start to show. No way around it except straight through at this point.

Advertisement

I don't disagree at all that our lack of depth has become an issue with guys wearing down. However, lots of very good college teams have little depth. Our problem is that not only do we have no depth, but like you said it's not functional right now, making it so that our starters have to be pretty flawless.

When Scott, Larkin and Kadji aren't scoring, we're very limited. When TMJ and brown aren't hitting and Reggie isn't drawing double teams (or is throwing it away) teams can pack the paint against our penetration, and then were even more limited.

If we don't get more from Reggie and brown, or don't go on a shooting tear like earlier in the season, we're all gojng to be disappointed.

We're ****ing tired. Eventually, the cracks start to show. No way around it except straight through at this point.

If we are so dead tired, how are we up by double digits in the second half.

We lost focus and choked.

From the little I've seen, I'd agree with you DCF. I admit I'm late to the party. Didn't really pay attention to roundball until the blowouts of UNC and Duke. Shortly after that they just looked like they lost their legs (and shooting). Not much Depp. Had a **** of a run. Got some spark back at Duke but they couldn't stop Kelly all game. Not good for a team that prides itself on defense. It's not even ACC tourney time, and these guys look like they're ready to pack their golf bags and go to the Bahamas for two weeks.

Advertisement

We're ****ing tired. Eventually, the cracks start to show. No way around it except straight through at this point.

If we are so dead tired, how are we up by double digits in the second half.

We lost focus and choked.

We had a double-digit lead at Duke in the first half. Means nothing.

There is no margin for error when you're playing so shallow. We miss a few shots, someone loses the rhythm of the game, we have a bad sequence, and we don't have anywhere to turn to. Asking to play perfect hoops, at any level, is not realistic.

Tonight's game was really no different than a whole slew of others in the past month. The only difference is, instead of the other team missing their last shot, they made it. The symptoms of the team's sickness remains exactly the same.

From the little I've seen, I'd agree with you DCF. I admit I'm late to the party. Didn't really pay attention to roundball until the blowouts of UNC and Duke. Shortly after that they just looked like they lost their legs (and shooting). Not much Depp. Had a **** of a run. Got some spark back at Duke but they couldn't stop Kelly all game. Not good for a team that prides itself on defense. It's not even ACC tourney time, and these guys look like they're ready to pack their golf bags and go to the Bahamas for two weeks.

If anybody wants to know why Shane didn't take the ball in the last two minutes, it's because he had nothing left. He might have rested 2 minutes the entire game. Kid has been doing this the entire season. That's where Bishop Daniels leaving the squad has really impacted us.

A perfect storm season and the best we can do is a 2 seed. Perhaps now Donna will come to terms with what being a FOOTBALL school means.

BG, I think it's both. You get tired, you lose your edge and focus. Plus with the title on the line, they couldn't close it out. Geez, a tip-in for the win. That was just getting out hustled. They didn't box out. Cost them.

Advertisement
Back