Went unnoticed but Malik tied Vinny Testerverde...

CaneandAbel

Junior
For the most touchdowns in a single season for a University of Miami QB. Not sure if post season counts but if it does he'll get the record soon.

25 Passing to 5 Rushing for Malik
26 Passing to 4 Rushing for Vinny in 1986

Advertisement
Malik has better numbers than that Auburn QB minus the completion percentage and that kid is the talk of college football. Last game was dreadful but beyond that, he has played pretty **** good ball.

That completion % is what kills us. He's not making the "big mistake" (i.e INTs) but he's just not reliable. The Pitt game felt so much like 2003 Tennessee to me...

Advertisement
That completion % is what kills us. He's not making the "big mistake" (i.e INTs) but he's just not reliable. The Pitt game felt so much like 2003 Tennessee to me...

Or any game started by Kenny Kelly in 1999. All this team needs is a QB that can complete 60% of his passes and limit mistakes. The plays are there to be made, but Rosier misses on far too many of them. He needs to be focused and on fire for Clemson, or it might be the last game he starts for us.

Or any game started by Kenny Kelly in 1999. All this team needs is a QB that can complete 60% of his passes and limit mistakes. The plays are there to be made, but Rosier misses on far too many of them. He needs to be focused and on fire for Clemson, or it might be the last game he starts for us.

Dorsey didn't complete 60% of his passes. Yes, Malik's accuracy at times has been awful. What made Dorsey or Walsh or the other excellent Miami quarterbacks were their decision-making. As Schnelly used to say about Bernie, he threw to the right guy 85% of the time.

What killed Miami on Friday was the fact that Malik missed a bunch of reads. He was also late with his throws.

Last edited:
Post season stats are combined with regular season stats in college football.

Advertisement
Not intended to be negative but Vinnie and Malik' s rushing record won't last long with CMR's commitment to running QB's

For the most touchdowns in a single season for a University of Miami QB. Not sure if post season counts but if it does he'll get the record soon.

25 Passing to 5 Rushing for Malik
26 Passing to 4 Rushing for Vinny in 1986
How dare you go against the most of posters here? Rosier is the worst QB we could have had and he is not a Miami caliber.

Advertisement
Congrats I guess to Malik but that statistic will be broken in the very near future by Perry and then be broken again soon after by someone else. 30 total tds in a single season is shockingly low for a school record and since the game is more passing oriented now an above average UM quarterback should get 30+ total tds every year imo

Well done Malik. Heck of a year. To anyone who says "he cant play here" please shut it. Kid is a competitor and a winner.

Advertisement
Congrats to Malik on a truely remarkable & rememorable season. Dude got fufill a dream & lead the team he grew up admiring to its best season in 15 years. Regardless of what happens in the future really happy for #12 .

As long as he performs better in championship games, I'll be really, really happy with him.

Advertisement
Back