Went to the game..Glad I did. (Kinda long)

Jassid82

Senior
Premium
So I talked **** all week about how I wasnt gonna go to the game. Prove my power as a season ticket holder and not go and all that other BS. My boy convinced me literally at 1130 to go out there IN THE RAIN no less and Im glad I did. Those boys needed our support out there yesterday. And to my surprise, there was a very decent crowd all things considered. Anybody who says otherwise either A) didnt temper your expectations. I thought it would be about 15k out there especially when it started raining or B) wasnt there.

Glad some of the Cane fans decided to come out and show the boys some support. Not gonna knock the fans who didnt attend especially considering that whoever went probably will have the flu for the next two weeks. Weather was HORRIBLE. Had to buy a $5 rain coat. Anyway..on to some positives and negatives..

POSITIVES

- You gotta know the future is in good hands. The core of our talent on the team is with the underclassmen. Our best players are literally the freshmen and sophomores. With a few juniors sprinkled in. If Al cant win anything over the next two years with this team, supplemented with a consensus top 5 recruiting class coming in this year, then he needs to be fired on that alone. Bottom line. At that point he will be in year 6. (Meaning by the time Duke/Tracys incoming class are seniors) Experiment over. Time to move on.

- Coley reminds me of a rich mans Odell Beckham. Fast, fearless, tough as ****, playmaker. Obviously I think he will be better then Odell by the time he is a JR or SR but they have similiar playing styles. (IIRC Odell almost committed to UM when he came out of HS. Switched at the last minute I believe) In any event, Coley will be a superstar and I think having Waters and Dorsett along side him will give us that Irvin (Coley)-Blades (Waters)-Perriman (Dorsett) type feel next year. Just gotta find a QB to get them the ball.

- McCord and AQM. Once the light turns on for these two... You can forget it. Throw Kamalu in there too. If these guys are not our starting DEs/OLBs in that 3-4/4-3 scheme next year, someone really F'd up there development. The one thing I notice about teams like ALA, LSU, ORE, and OSU is that they dont F up top level talent very often. You give them a 5 star talent and they are not gonna crash that Bugatti. They are gonna make sure that player develops into a 5 star on the college level too. (ALA is KING at this. Hence there dominance right now. Check Sabans record. I bet his bust rate is at a "God-like" low level when it comes to his 4-5 star guys) I think if Al can hone in on that same strategy we will be okay. Jimbo is starting to get there which is the reason why FSU is murderin' cats right now. (This line of thinking seems like, Duh!, right? But I dont know if Al has mastered this craft yet.)

- Our seconday will be in good hands in the future. (Imagine if we had Rashard Robinson right about now. LOL.) Still dont know why guys are running wide open over the middle. You would think at some point Donofrio would adjust and stop that. Guess that would make too much sense though. Smh. But you can tell there is alot of talent. And there is ALOT more on the way. (We get JC Jackson and convert Brandon Powell to DB. This could be the most talented secondary we have had overall next year since 2001)

- Shout out to the bad chicks at the game who wore the short shorts and wet Tshirts. Felt like summertime at the Clevelander up in Sun Life. All I could do was SMH. That was worth the price of admission right there. Lol.

- Shout out to Allen Hurns. Went out like a champ. He had alot of family cheering him on too. Sat in the section right next to his posse. You can tell they were really proud. Even when it POURED down and people were running for cover, his family DID NOT MOVE. Lol.

NEGATIVES (This will be quick)

- So long Stephen Morris. Along with AJ, Gaines, Cornelius. You will not be missed. I swear SM reminds me of Ryan Clement. Just a real dissapointment. No, he didnt do anything to lose us this game. But he just doesnt have that "It" factor. To be a QB at UM you HAVE to have that. Walsh had it. Erickson had it. Vinny and Bernie had it. Dorsey and **** even BROCK BERLIN had it. I think Olsen might have it. Dont know about Williams just yet. Hard to explain. People defend SM on here. But I just dont see whats there do defend about this kid. Throw him in the same bucket as "Frank Costa" if you ask me. (He doesnt get to go in the "Scott Covington" bucket unless we win out and I wouldnt totally diss him by putting him in the "Jacory Harris/Kyle Wright" bucket either)

- Donofrio once again taking an entire week to script a gameplan that allows UVA to almost have 500 total yards on us. LOL. Smh.

- Gunter getting hurt at the end. Hope the kid is okay.

Didnt want to beat a dead horse so thats all I have. Shout out to the fans that came. Not gonna predict what the attendance was but I must say I was happy with the crowd regardless of what the official count is.

Advertisement
Thanks for the write up and supporting the team. My question to everyone else, what exactly would not going to the game accomplish?

solid write up thanks for sharing/attending. I'm inclined to agree with you. It sucks we **** the bed with the coastal, but coming into the fsu-vt-duke stretch we lost sight of reality because we were 7-0 and in the top 10. This is a top 20-25 team, which isn't bad. we're just not there in the upper echelon yet. I'm cool with that. At least we're somewhat relevant. We have no depth and it shows at times, sometimes more than others. It's hard not to be excited for the future from a talent perspective with kids getting bigger and new talent being added. Hopefully we win out and finish with 10 wins. []_[]

Stopped reading at decent crowd...we had a decent crowd at VT or FAMU...yesterday was abysmal

Advertisement
Def agree with the "lost sight of reality". I actually was ****ed at the ESPN cats who said we werent a legit top 15 team let alone a top 7 team. Lol! 9 wins I could live with at this point. 10 wins and Al just saved himself from having a very bad christmas and saved the jobs of some of his staff.

Lol! Ahhhhhhh..Gamineal did you see the weather out there? So you think Cane fans are going watch a team that was on a THREE GAME losing streak (one of them being to DUKE), IN THE RAIN, at 12pm? Dont you know our fans by now? Dude, come back to reality and stop watching SEC games on TV. We are not the SEC fanbase wise. Never will be. That attendance was the best you could hope for under the circumstances.

(Btw, who still says "Stopped reading at..." .Bruh come on. Grow up.)

Lol! Ahhhhhhh..Gamineal did you see the weather out there? So you think Cane fans are going watch a team that was on a THREE GAME losing streak (one of them being to DUKE), IN THE RAIN, at 12pm? Dont you know our fans by now? Dude, come back to reality and stop watching SEC games on TV. We are not the SEC fanbase wise. Never will be. That attendance was the best you could hope for under the circumstances.

(Btw, who still says "Stopped reading at..." .Bruh come on. Grow up.)

LOL at grow up...how about not thinking we are idiots saying decent crowd.......I commend you going, I did not, first home game in years. but dont say decent crowd, about 50% were bought and paid for with UM flooding free tickets and gimmicks to get a decent crowd there...

Shout out to the bad chicks at the game who wore the short shorts and wet Tshirts. Felt like summertime at the Clevelander up in Sun Life. All I could do was SMH. That was worth the price of admission right there.

It was awesome. Hello boobies. Attendance wasn't THAT bad. Once everyone filed in the stadium (late as usual) it was about what I expected... It looked way worse once it started pouring & people went underneath.

Advertisement
Excellent write up and perspective, you did a great job limiting the negatives, they will follow not too worry. The season is close to finished, need to dig deep and find cautiously optimistic hope.

Shout out to the bad chicks at the game who wore the short shorts and wet Tshirts. Felt like summertime at the Clevelander up in Sun Life. All I could do was SMH. That was worth the price of admission right there.

It was awesome. Hello boobies. Attendance wasn't THAT bad. Once everyone filed in the stadium (late as usual) it was about what I expected... It looked way worse once it started pouring & people went underneath.

I think God is showing UM how to solve its attendance problem in true Miami style.

I think God is showing UM how to solve its attendance problem in true Miami style.

Probably the idea came from Donofrio,

You're **** right about those t shirts and short shorts.. They were everywhere lol. A$$ and boobies all over the place..and the attendance wasn't that bad.

Advertisement
The []_[];1692217 said:
You're **** right about those t shirts and short shorts.. They were everywhere lol. A$$ and boobies all over the place..and the attendance wasn't that bad.

That is the U I know and love. That in and of itself should be crowd drawer.

The []_[];1692217 said:

That is the U I know and love. That in and of itself should be crowd drawer.

To heck with Senior Day and Employee Appreciation Day, The next rainy football gameday should be marketed as Wet T-shirt Day.....no bras allowed :)

Advertisement
Back