Welp! This is sad and will definitely impact Hurricanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maskoff407

Recruit
Last night, there was a shooting in Wynwood where the “war zone” left 2 fatally shot and several others injured. This **** is sickening and very tiring. Seeing as this is caneinsight I just thought I’d bring up the fact that this is what these parents are looking at when thinking about their kids coming to achool Miami or getting their kids outta Miami. Wynwood is certainly where the college students spend their time and I pray that those who were injured make it through. This situation can happen anywhere, as history has show, but it’s just another reason to raise a flag for everyone. Including the Miami program.

Advertisement
Last night, there was a shooting in Wynwood where the “war zone” left 2 fatally shot and several others injured. This **** is sickening and very tiring. Seeing as this is caneinsight I just thought I’d bring up the fact that this is what these parents are looking at when thinking about their kids coming to achool Miami or getting their kids outta Miami. Wynwood is certainly where the college students spend their time and I pray that those who were injured make it through. This situation can happen anywhere, as history has show, but it’s just another reason to raise a flag for everyone. Including the Miami program.

It's worse in Orlando (per capita) unfortunately things like this are happening all over the Nation...Orlando's Violent Crime rate is the worst (per capita) in the State...

Google “Tuscaloosa shooting”. Sht pops off everywhere.
We were winning championships while there were riots going on in overtown and Miami led the nation in homicides.
Also, that shooting wasn’t exactly in what you would call the heart of “wynwood”.
If you go a few blocks west of wynwood you’ll be in the hood.
Just like it was back in the day when your drove 2 blocks from grand ave in the grove.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Something that happens everywhere

Advertisement
Bruh, this is not an aftermath of locking down the states...mass shootings, broad daylight shootings, indiscriminate shootings have steadily, been steady in this country for a minute.

Mass shootings certainly has been going as well crimes. No refuting that, but crime in general has gone up significantly across the country since the pandemic. I work closely with the criminal justice system and the numbers rising more than people are used to.

perhaps, this isn’t the place for this sort of talk, SO MODS PLEASE DELETE IF POSSIBLE.

Columbus Ohio has 82 homicides as of yesterday.
That’s twice as much as Miami dade county.
I don’t t see any moms worried about their poor little 5 star bag chasing frontrunners going there.
Columbus has less than 1 million people while dade county has 2.7 million. Some math wizard can come up with the statistical probability of getting shot in Columbus this year as opposed to dade county.

Something that happens everywhere
I can definitely see there are different lenses on this board. Yes, unfortunately it does happen everywhere, and there’s no refuting that, but it’s what happening now, in this very moment, that people notice. Mothers, especially mothers of the majority of the athletes that will take the field, look at stuff like this and look to send their child to where they believe they can be far from any of it. I don’t like it and I wholeheartedly believe it can happen anywhere, but trust and believe... that is a factor for a lot of these parents. Ask Tyrique Stevenson why his mom forced him to leave. And if you find this to be horsecrap or stupid... you just happen to have on the other lens.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back