Well we made it .500

Miami04

Senior
Canes win 8-7

I have no idea how we won tonight. From Twitter is seems FIU gave it away because we could get an important hit.

But a win is a win at this point. I believe that win puts us at .500 on the season but one game under in the eyes of the NCAA. We really need to make up that FSU game with a D-1 game.

Advertisement
We are not .500. The St. Thomas game does not count. We are 19-20 as far as the post-season is concerned.

By the way, FAU and UNF both have room on their schedules and both have records that would help our RPI. We will see if our baseball leadership understands the RPI situation we're in or if they just add Nova Southeastern to the schedule for another game that won't count.

Advertisement
We are not .500. The St. Thomas game does not count. We are 19-20 as far as the post-season is concerned.

Read my entire post. I said exactly that.

But you have to understand the hockey guy has the responsibility to immediately attack anything and everything that may be slightly positive.

Is this where you abandon the topic and get personal since you have nothing to refute anything I say?

If you bothered to read my posts, you would see that I am the one and only poster who has outlined what it will take to get to the post-season. So you can save your snarky little "positive" comment for Jim's retirement party, which should have been after the 2010 season.

Read my entire post. I said exactly that.

But you have to understand the hockey guy has the responsibility to immediately attack anything and everything that may be slightly positive.

Is this where you abandon the topic and get personal since you have nothing to refute anything I say?

If you bothered to read my posts, you would see that I am the one and only poster who has outlined what it will take to get to the post-season. So you can save your snarky little "positive" comment for Jim's retirement party, which should have been after the 2010 season.

The fact that you don't see how ridiculous you look correcting another poster when he stated the very thing you came rushing in to say is comical. You've single handily ruined this board with your incessant drivel.

The fact that you don't see how ridiculous you look correcting another poster when he stated the very thing you came rushing in to say is comical. You've single handily ruined this board with your incessant drivel.

You still don't see that we DID NOT say the very same thing? He said we were one game under for post-season play. In fact, we were two games under at the time and now we are three games under. I was correct then and I am correct now. Notice that you've added nothing to the topic?

Yay, you're only the 50th person who has accused me of "ruining the board" when the truth is that I called this sht show several years back. Everyone piled on at the time, but look at us now.

But you go on defending this staff. Makes you look super smart.

Advertisement
I missed the part where I "defended" the staff, but in any case, you're right you have the right to say what you like, but my issue is I come to this board to discuss the team, not harp on the things I nor anyone here have any control over much less gloat about being right.

I missed the part where I "defended" the staff, but in any case, you're right you have the right to say what you like, but my issue is I come to this board to discuss the team, not harp on the things I nor anyone here have any control over much less gloat about being right.

You can't "discuss the team" without harping on the negative aspects of the program, because it is complete trash right now. Discussing the rotation requires talking about how bad our starting pitching is. Discussing the lineup requires talking about the worst Miami lineup in 30 years. Discussing the defense requires pointing out that fundamentals have continually declined since 2008. Discussing recruiting requires pointing out that Gino is a lazy recruiter.

So, by all means, start an all-positive thread discussing the team. You and CTCANE will have a ball.

You can't "discuss the team" without harping on the negative aspects of the program, because it is complete trash right now. Discussing the rotation requires talking about how bad our starting pitching is. Discussing the lineup requires talking about the worst Miami lineup in 30 years. Discussing the defense requires pointing out that fundamentals have continually declined since 2008. Discussing recruiting requires pointing out that Gino is a lazy recruiter.

So, by all means, start an all-positive thread discussing the team. You and CTCANE will have a ball.

Ok, I laughed at that one. CT where you at man, I'm startin' a thread!!

Anyone with knowledge know if making a deep run in the ACC tourney have a positive effect on the NCAA tourney seeding/acceptance like it does with college basketball?

Advertisement
Anyone with knowledge know if making a deep run in the ACC tourney have a positive effect on the NCAA tourney seeding/acceptance like it does with college basketball?

Yes, is certainly has an impact for teams that are on the bubble. Hopefully we get on the bubble before the tournament so that we at least have a shot.

Highly doubtful that they make the post season. If they win the series against UVA, sweep Bethune and VTech, and make the finals of the ACC tournament they could make it. Highly doubtful at this point, though.

Advertisement
Highly doubtful that they make the post season. If they win the series against UVA, sweep Bethune and VTech, and make the finals of the ACC tournament they could make it. Highly doubtful at this point, though.

But it could be worse. It could be the 2002 season.

Advertisement
Back