Well...this kinda rules out DiMare ever being fired...

I guess you were about as wrong as a fan could be with this post!!! Crow!
I am happy to eat crow on the change in direction, but time will tell if it produces better results. We haven't dominated any sport for 20 years. I am ecstatic about the changes (especially the AD) but let's be honest, w/o Herbstreit calling us out and the Mas brothers and John Ruiz stepping in, nothing would have changed. Props to President Frenk for taking charge and going "all in" this time.

Ironically, the Mas brothers and John Ruiz have more basketball and baseball family roots than football. That gives me hope that baseball and basketball will be a priority as well.

Advertisement
I am happy to eat crow on the change in direction, but time will tell if it produces better results. We haven't dominated any sport for 20 years. I am ecstatic about the changes (especially the AD) but let's be honest, w/o Herbstreit calling us out and the Mas brothers and John Ruiz stepping in, nothing would have changed. Props to President Frenk for taking charge and going "all in" this time.

Ironically, the Mas brothers and John Ruiz have more basketball and baseball family roots than football. That gives me hope that baseball and basketball will be a priority as well.
Believe this, the noise was very loud before Kirk helped out, very very loud. Do not think change was not coming. I am not a Ruiz fan. I think he is a blowhard looking for attention. His billions are based on a speculative valuation of the insurance claims he has bought rights to. He is rich, but not what has been advertised. In addition he is throwing out proposals that stand no chance. I do agree that we have some new money folks exerting influence that should make a difference.

Believe this, the noise was very loud before Kirk helped out, very very loud. Do not think change was not coming. I am not a Ruiz fan. I think he is a blowhard looking for attention. His billions are based on a speculative valuation of the insurance claims he has bought rights to. He is rich, but not what has been advertised. In addition he is throwing out proposals that stand no chance. I do agree that we have some new money folks exerting influence that should make a difference.
Good to hear on the pre-Herbstreit noise. Ya, I think the jury is out on Ruiz' motivation, but if the SPAC deal closes, his new-found wealth ($Bn's) is probably real.

Advertisement
I'm not sure what gets done to the weight room or clubhouse other than a bunch of cosmetic stuff because there's no additional space. Before I die I'd like to see a canopy over 100% chairback seats on the grandstand but not gonna complain that people are donating money left and right.

I'm not sure what gets done to the weight room or clubhouse other than a bunch of cosmetic stuff because there's no additional space. Before I die I'd like to see a canopy over 100% chairback seats on the grandstand but not gonna complain that people are donating money left and right.
Maybe you could extend it into that grassy area and fully enclose the concourse in front of the milkshake stand and restrooms?

Agree, like some NIL money to help retain sophomore draft-eligible players and/or show "on the fence" HS recruits that high profile baseball players can benefit as well from NIL (especially for costly private schools like Miami)? Maybe that's next from the Ruiz family given the recent announcement about their NIL commitment.

Advertisement
FIieU8uXsAUz6dz.jpg

crappy photoshop aside this is the only pic I could find

Nice nil deals could **** sure help recruiting. Even a half a ship leaves big tuition bills at the U. Only 11.7 ships allowed for about 25 players to split.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back