Well...this kinda rules out DiMare ever being fired...

Advertisement
That's in addition to the 12.5 million Momemtum2 campaign donation and the 500,000k for the baseball indoor practice facility. There's probably more than that, too. So no, his job security is better than Bill Belichick's.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I could see this as a new form of "sports tourism". Wanna take a few snaps at QB? Donate 10 million to your fav university. Feel like being the head coach? Sure. That'll cost a cool 25 million.
Since you posted this, more than 100 users on here that know they could coach better than Manny have started Go-Fund Me pages for their $25 million......

So if he’s locked in for another 10years, whats the solution?? Throw big money at top flight assistants??

So if he’s locked in for another 10years, whats the solution?? Throw big money at top flight assistants??
If we were smart as an administration/AD, we'd develop a strategy to dominate basketball and baseball. We will never compete for NC's again in football in my lifetime, so, why not go for an "excel in baseball and basketball" strategy that will nicely align w a private school, like Miami, academic strategy?

It's clear our administration and BOT is not going to commit to winning titles in football again any time soon, so, why not try the other two major sports where you have a fighting chance because of the numbers/$$'s needed? In business, you'd be a fool to pretend to go up against Bama as an upstart, which is what we are in football in modern times, i.e. take advantage of your competitive advantages such as S FL talent, climate, facilities, etc. to dominate the other two sports.

Is this an indirect evaluation of Gino’s performance? If only he’d donate the salary for a competent hitting coach.

Advertisement
Gino was hired with tenure from the beginning. Daddy dropping another mil and a half on a scoreboard doesn't even matter. This university is such an embarrassment. We lead the world in hiring unqualified coaches without so much as pretending to have a legitimate search.

Advertisement
While we all want everything fixed on day one, I think there are higher priorities for Rad; football, upgrading the AD, new basketball coach, et al.

If we were smart as an administration/AD, we'd develop a strategy to dominate basketball and baseball. We will never compete for NC's again in football in my lifetime, so, why not go for an "excel in baseball and basketball" strategy that will nicely align w a private school, like Miami, academic strategy?

It's clear our administration and BOT is not going to commit to winning titles in football again any time soon, so, why not try the other two major sports where you have a fighting chance because of the numbers/$$'s needed? In business, you'd be a fool to pretend to go up against Bama as an upstart, which is what we are in football in modern times, i.e. take advantage of your competitive advantages such as S FL talent, climate, facilities, etc. to dominate the other two sports.
I guess you were about as wrong as a fan could be with this post!!! Crow!

Advertisement
Back