Well, it happened....

Advertisement
Bruh common. This narrative is dead. Chaney went from a 4 to a 5 star, Van Dyke went from a 3 to a mid 4, Antonio smith and chris washington both got bumps when they committed as did Marcus Fleming. It is what it is. Ranking are fluid stop trying to play that narrative.

What a naive statement. About 75% of our commits over the past 3 years have gone down in ratings.

Guys like Fleming and Francois have gone up, but only because they were rated absurdly low before (low 3* both). And Smith was rated when he committed so not sure where you're at thinking he got a bump.

Guys who have worked for 247/Rivals admit ratings are slanted to the schools with more subscribers, so there's really no reason for you to try to cover for theses sites

247 had Francois as a 85, Fleming as a 86, Roberts as a 85. @Cuban-Cane they dont deserve credit for giving those guys modest bumps. All would have gotten bumped twice as high had they committed to Bama.

That DB from Jacksonville was a freaking 83 before he committed to Bama. Now he's a 89. But yeah, no bias

247 has us 9th in the nation Rivals has us 5th if it matters, I think Rivals is more accurate anyway btw

247 has him so low that he has to skyrocket after his performance this week, if he keeps up what he's been doing. Ultimately it doesn't matter, of course. But I do think other recruits take note of schools that are bringing in big time recruits, so there is some secondary benefit from rankings.

Advertisement
Its obvious when Rivals has The U at #5 and 247 at #9. All that crap is fun to read, BUT the first day of practice and for as long as you play college football, those stars mean nothing. Either you can play ball or not.

He'll be moving up. No way 247 leaves him as the 62nd best WR in the country.

ESPN is a joke and I don't know why they even bother so I wouldn't be surprised if they never move him. They pretty much only evaluate once and then again during their Under Armour event. At least the other sites actually have guys out watching these kids games during the season.

Miami Commit ranking changes since commitment date:

Don Chaney: up 22 spots
Jalen Rivers: Down 15 spots
Redding: down 63 spots
Van Dyke: has risen 205 spots
Fleming: up 28 spots
Moise: unranked when he committed now a 4 star
Francois: up 102 spots
K. Washington: dropped 70 spots
E. Roberts: up 15 spots
Mammarelli: unranked when he commited, then ranked supper high, then dropped over 300 spots
Riggings: ranked near a 5 star when he committed has now dropped over 400 spots due to injury
Branch: up 54 spots
Quentin Williams: up 77 spots
Alvin Mathis: down 300 spots
Corey Flagg: up 343 spots
Restrepo: down 132
Antonio Smith: unranked when he committed now a 3 star
Chris Washington: up 690 spots
Justin Hodges: down 335 spots

Theres no bias fellas. Over half our commits have gotten bumped. They have their reasons for dropping those who have gotten dropped. I spent 30 minutes on this so please lets shut the **** up about this before I kill myself.
Looks like Wallstreet!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back