Well, Here We Are again

Advertisement
Drake and Walker confirmed 3rd and super long is not a problem against this pedestrian secondary.
That 3rd down TD made me throw my remote. Our secondary was clearly confused and had no idea what in god’s name was going on. It’s 3rd and what, 17 for Christ’s sake? They have one WR worth a **** out there, Mario should have called a timeout. Huge turning point in the game.

Ja’Dais is a Safety, not a true CB, he has the same speed issues that JDavis & Couch have.

At best, he could maybe play Nickel/STAR, but putting him at CB wouldn’t solve the issue, except for the fact he’s physically bigger than the current CB starters. But in terms of footwork & coverage downfield, he’s in the same boat.

The issue is EVALUATIONS & targeting a specific type of player at a spot that requires the exact opposite of what they keep bringing in. Which means somebody is doing their job incorrectly; Between Mario, Zo, Addae or Guidry, they can each draw a straw & figure out who among them gets thrown under the bus for it, but either way, that brain-trust has not figured out yet that you can’t load up your Secondary with a bunch of Slow Safeties & expect to “fiZiCuLL!” your way through coverage.

You need fluid track athletes with good IQ in order to have competent pass coverage.
I just think for some reason we can’t get great DT’s, corners, or Receivers. Those guys are just not coming here, well not enough of them

I just think for some reason we can’t get great DT’s, corners, or Receivers. Those guys are just not coming here, well not enough of them

Beard is legit. Go get Partridge and Raymond and watch what happens. This **** isn't magic or a curse. It's actually quite simple. Pair a development narrative with our NIL packages and we magically can overcome even Mario's decision making hahaha

Advertisement
Ja’Dais is a Safety, not a true CB, he has the same speed issues that JDavis & Couch have.

At best, he could maybe play Nickel/STAR, but putting him at CB wouldn’t solve the issue, except for the fact he’s physically bigger than the current CB starters. But in terms of footwork & coverage downfield, he’s in the same boat.

The issue is EVALUATIONS & targeting a specific type of player at a spot that requires the exact opposite of what they keep bringing in. Which means somebody is doing their job incorrectly; Between Mario, Zo, Addae or Guidry, they can each draw a straw & figure out who among them gets thrown under the bus for it, but either way, that brain-trust has not figured out yet that you can’t load up your Secondary with a bunch of Slow Safeties & expect to “fiZiCuLL!” your way through coverage.

You need fluid track athletes with good IQ in order to have competent pass coverage.
Do you think it’s the same issue with Brown?

Bill Murray Well Its Groundhog Day Again GIF

Advertisement
Beard is legit. Go get Partridge and Raymond and watch what happens. This **** isn't magic or a curse. It's actually quite simple. Pair a development narrative with our NIL packages and we magically can overcome even Mario's decision making hahaha
Are these hypothetical names or possibilities in your opinion? It’s been noted how the timing didnt work out with Raymond when mario initially got hired. Think he would do wonders here (and partridge).

Facts by OP. Recruiting has been really subpar for it being Mario’s speciality at most positions especially the positions of need.
DBs and DT is a massively glaring issue we need to offload the coaches and fast.
QB recruiting very suspect. Interior OL has been pretty bad for high schoolers. Still lack anything special at LB. We aren’t set up very well for the future at all at quite a few spots

Advertisement
I’ve entered the “idc what our class is like” stage of another coaches tenure. Dont care if we finish 35th - no excuses. I want some results.

I’ll start worrying about talent when it’s evident that’s the reason we’re losing. As of today our two losses (on top of 5 last year) are due to coaching malpractice and not having team ready.

Help me out here - what’s up with this guy??

Thread 'Vanderbilt CB Ja'Dais Richard commits to Miami'
https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/vanderbilt-cb-jadais-richard-commits-to-miami.184386/

I hate Norvell, but that program does an excellent job getting transfers that are impactful.

Not discussing the recruiting vs Portal aspect. That’s another argument.

But comparing transfers to transfers, we are striking out big time, which again, is not news to anyone.

Brown is not playing. We can’t get impact WRs like Coleman or Walker, let alone DTs and Corners.

We should stop talking up all of these guys until they prove it on the field. Plain and simple. Same for “show me you can win 8 games, let alone 10.”
Pay more

Advertisement
Nahhh - we have offered some big $$ and guys don’t want to play here.

You have to win on the field. How about we start there and make this recruiting thing easier for us by winning instead of always over paying guys to come here.
I agree as a fan but kids look at things differently. They don’t see what we see wins and losses.

Nahhh - we have offered some big $$ and guys don’t want to play here.

You have to win on the field. How about we start there and make this recruiting thing easier for us by winning instead of always over paying guys to come here.
Florida said the same thing with Mullins “results on da field”

And while they matter they aren’t the end all be all to every single kid.

Norvell has been slightly better on the trail before but far from easier and he is coming off a 10 win season.

Pretty sure you can get Raymond. I dont think you can get Partridge unless you hand him a big ******* check and some extra titles.

Advertisement
Back