Well, another dose of reality in Death Valley...

k9cane

Senior
tonight we saw where Miami stood in the college football hierarchy, and unfortunately that's several rungs below the elite. The Canes are the 'not ready for prime time players.' Thus far from what I've seen in 2020, Clemson and Georgia are by far the two best teams physically -- the difference being that Clemson has a future NFL franchise QB

It's clear, UM needs bigger, faster WR's that can make plays on the ball. Faster, twitchier athletes at linebacker, and keep developing that Oline unit.

But again, dumb mental errors just crippled Miami again at the worst times. I really question the football IQ of this team - and to me, that's a reflection of the coaching they receive.

Now, looking ahead, still plenty of football left to be played. Lets see if Manny Diaz can have this team re-focused for high noon vs a difficult Pitt team, or if it's the same ol', same ol'

Advertisement
We just need more mature players and leaders. Preferably ones that run 5.2 40 yard dashes

There was a lot of Men vs Boys out there, especially in our offensive line vs their defensive line. WR's and LB's were manhandled as well.

Very disappointed to see the way our offense could just get nothing done because of the constant pressure by their DL and blitzing LBs, and the drops from WRs. And the scheme after a bye week... What are we doing? No one was open in the entire game!

I did like that there was a lot of fight in this Miami team and a lot of plays that were made on defense that showed some real talent and heart. I think we come out and win against Pitt next week even if Brevin is out

There was a lot of Men vs Boys out there, especially in our offensive line vs their defensive line. WR's and LB's were manhandled as well.

Very disappointed to see the way our offense could just get nothing done because of the constant pressure by their DL and blitzing LBs, and the drops from WRs. And the scheme after a bye week... What are we doing? No one was open in the entire game!

I did like that there was a lot of fight in this Miami team and a lot of plays that were made on defense that showed some real talent and heart. I think we come out and win against Pitt next week even if Brevin is out

Men vs boys? But but but have you seen that picture of our guys without their shirts on? We are a WEAK team. Some of y’all have praised Feeley, but I just don’t see it. Our conditioning is better, but we still can’t get a push against anybody.

Advertisement
Perspective is important. They were in the championship last year while we were getting shutout in the you are irrelevant bowl.
So it was a tall order from the beginning.
Having said that we could have been way more competitive than what we were.
On offense I really don't understand the game plan....anyone could see that they were going to make our receivers beat them. Its logical. They were the weakest and most inconsistent part of the offense. It's only logical. Why were we so static? We never did anything to mitigate the preasure. Just ran up the middle and threw bombs to WR's that were not winning the matchup....why not move the pocket? Throw to RB's matched up against their LB's?? Screens ??
Just feels like we played right into their hands.
On defense I can't understand what on God's green earth made them think they could cover Etienne with Jennings and McCloud!!
Gilbert should have been spying him the whole game. IMO...at least you'd have a chance.
Where they not aware of Etienne's game???
Brooks makes a couple of plays and disappears...don't understand that.
Plus we have got to be one of the most undisciplined teams in the country..
Can't beat a really good team doing stupid ****.

Men vs boys? But but but have you seen that picture of our guys without their shirts on? We are a WEAK team. Some of y’all have praised Feeley, but I just don’t see it. Our conditioning is better, but we still can’t get a push against anybody.
Strength and conditioning can only do so much. People act like you get the right coach and all of a sudden dudes are running around lifting cars like The Rock.

I think Feely's done well, we just need to recruit bigger/better players. That starts by winning the games you're supposed to win. And getting guys to come back for their senior years

Advertisement
Strength and conditioning can only do so much. People act like you get the right coach and all of a sudden dudes are running around lifting cars like The Rock.

I think Feely's done well, we just need to recruit bigger/better players. That starts by winning the games you're supposed to win. And getting guys to come back for their senior years

We got guys who have been here for 3 years and haven’t gotten any better or stronger.

We lose to Pitt next week and I’ve seen enough. It would just be the same show with new faces. If manny and his machismo, fake swag *** wants me to come around then he needs to do what we should be able to do and that is beat every other team in a horrible conference. Clemson is playing a different game right now. The rest of these clowns are not and should be put down. Otherwise it needs to be back to the sunbelt for the staph

I don’t think King will let this team fall off like Jarren. I think he has an respect and control of this team.

we dont have another Clemson on the rest of our schedule. Good teams, but I think King gives us a chance in all those games.

I wouldn't say we're weak besides the WR unit if I'm being honest. Are we the freak machine that is Clemson, no but there's no more than a few teams that can make that claim.

No question our conditioning is better. That defense was out there for what I would imagine is 40 to 45 minutes without looking. Down two safeties at that.

We saw a technician on their defensive side of the ball who was probably laughing at what we field at the wide receiver position. His team's play disciplined as **** and are as physical as anyone. They just played assignment football and always had one to two bodies to clean up if we got past their DL. They didn't let anyone really go free besides a play or two.

As for push, you don't go from allowing fifty billion sacks last year to bossing a Clemson DL around. Then you've got their backers to deal with. It was a bloodbath.

Advertisement
The self inflicted stuff was the worst tonight and most frustrating thing. Personnel stuff we can’t really control once we are lining up and playing. We have to roll with what we have but when we kill ourselves consistently and put ourselves in bad spot after bad spot, it is 1000% a reflection on Manny and Co. Like I mentioned in the game thread, Amari didnt want to play. Theres no way he didnt do that on purpose. I refuse to believe he is THAT dumb.

Good to see a few guys continue to fight. Bolden, 15, JHH, Frierson, King and I may be forgetting a couple more but those guys didn’t stop.

Extremely disappointed to see 44 and 53 continue to trout out there. We have 3 got **** LB coaches basically, one of them mfs needs to get 6 ready to play more snaps. I havent seen McCloud or Jennings hit a back in the hole like he did all year and then double back and get their hands on the ball. I dont think 44 or 53 have made a play on the ball in the air their whole career lol.

2nd most frustrating thing...how tf long are we going to go through with this 3/6/8 experiment. They are like middle school kids out there. They dont fight for the ball, they give us absolutely NOTHING after the catch, they cannot separate against DBs that dont play for FSU and they only catch the ball 75% of the time. I don’t get it lol.

I wouldn't say we're weak besides the WR unit if I'm being honest. Are we the freak machine that is Clemson, no but there's no more than a few teams that can make that claim.

No question our conditioning is better. That defense was out there for what I would imagine is 40 to 45 minutes without looking. Down two safeties at that.

We saw a technician on their defensive side of the ball who was probably laughing at what we field at the wide receiver position. His team's play disciplined as **** and are as physical as anyone. They just played assignment football and always had one to two bodies to clean up if we got past their DL. They didn't let anyone really go free besides a play or two.

As for push, you don't go from allowing fifty billion sacks last year to bossing a Clemson DL around. Then you've got their backers to deal with. It was a bloodbath.
I’m not talking about tonight alone. We can’t get push against anybody

Advertisement
We can't? Seems King had a clean pocket by and large before tonight and our backs have been running wild.

So what were you saying?

Stats don’t tell the whole story. Cam has 3 or 4 runs over 50 yards. Take that away he’s averaging maybe 4 a carry, that doesn’t scream consistent blocking. Clemson’s brand new offensive line had zero problem turning and manhandling our 2 seniors, a junior, and 5 star lineman all night.

Stats don’t tell the whole story. Cam has 3 or 4 runs over 50 yards. Take that away he’s averaging maybe 4 a carry, that doesn’t scream consistent blocking. Clemson’s brand new offensive line had zero problem turning and manhandling our 2 seniors, a junior, and 5 star lineman all night.

Take away anyone's big plays and get back to me on their average.

Clemson does what they did to us tonight to everyone. New OL or not. They're a machine, nothing new to see. As for that 5 star lineman, they just let him run up outside all night and didn't give up the inside. They also didn't allow us to get there since the ball was typically gone in under two seconds.

I thought the offense was in trouble when they pulled the trick pass from Brevin to Mallory, on the opening drive.

Cant lie, as that ball from Wiggins was underthrown, it felt a LOT like when Rosier under threw Jeff Thomas in the ACC title game.

So moving forward, looking at the short term, next three games are Pitt, Virginia and NCState. Three winnable games, three game they can lose. This will show me a ton about Manny Diaz's leadership and if anything has really changed with this program

I'm looking forward to seeing it, one way or the other

Advertisement
Back