Weldon

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
He should have been in the game to open up the second half. I don’t care what anybody says about his off-the-field issues or that he may have not been ready to play in a big-time game; he at least would have been a warrior for us in defeat.

The glowing things we’ve heard about him since he enrolled is the following:

— A fearless player who is willing to do whatever it takes to make a play.
— A determined, passionate SOB who has got into fights with our defensive lineman in practice because he doesn’t take any sh*t.
— One of the toughest players on the roster, according to Shaq, who played against him regularly last year when he was on the scout team.

Yes, Weldon may have made some mistakes, but I’ll say one thing: no shot that kid doesn’t play with heart. His toughness may have motivated our guys to play harder. He wouldn’t have been wandering around the field looking like he was ready to cry. That kid would have went down fighting, and that’s all anybody can ask for.

Perry may be the better guy, and he may win the starting job going forward, but Weldon deserved a shot last night. Rosier’s inability to throw was not as deflating as his puss* a*s atttitude on the field. And I doubt we would have seen the same deamenor from Weldon.

Advertisement
Take nothing that we hear at its word. For all we heard this team had made improvements in the offseason
Agreed, but there is a difference between sunshine pumping and complimenting a backup for his toughness on the field. I believe that Weldon has the attitude we need to win, whether he has the skill is a different story.

All i hear from current players is how much of a pain he was to stop on scout team last year.

So why not let him get in a game and see if he’s the gamer we think he could be. He literally can’t be worse.

Advertisement
Take nothing that we hear at its word. For all we heard this team had made improvements in the offseason

It’s tough to call...you got guys like DeeJay, Jeff Thomas and Gerald Willis who delivered on the hype . But then you got the fools gold of Dean, Rosier, OL (idk if that counts) . So it could go either way really.

All i hear from current players is how much of a pain he was to stop on scout team last year.

So why not let him get in a game and see if he’s the gamer we think he could be. He literally can’t be worse.

Yes he can.

I wanted him in there tho.

Exactly, Cribby. And again, no one is saying he would have played amazing, but your right, it can’t get any worse. And, at the very least, we lose with dignity, instead of looking like a team led by 5th year senior who shows zero urgency, emotion, or a will to win.

Advertisement
I don’t know, man. 40% completion rating and two interceptions is the bottle of the fricken barrel.
Kirby Freeman vs NC State (???) where he completed like 1 pass is the worst QB performance I’ve ever watched. But Rosier is in the convo.

CMR apologized for pulling Rosier vs Pitt last year, that was in his thought process yesterday. He allows Rosier to finish the game and finish it he did. Now going forward play and a lot, the most ready of the 3 backup QBs, starting this saturday and not just when the game is in the bag.

Advertisement
Kirby Freeman vs NC State (???) where he completed like 1 pass is the worst QB performance I’ve ever watched. But Rosier is in the convo.
LOL, I don't think that will ever be replicated. One can hope...

Advertisement
Back