Welcome to the U Therrell Gosier

That's a great point, I didn't factor in the poor facilities & low stadium attendance. But his performance HAS to get better on & off the field. Miami has to beat FSU. But they get blown out by average teams or have tough games against them. That's unacceptable. What it came down to with them was Al Golden's message vs urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles, Mark Richt, and others. They all have what he doesn't

I used to think he was the guy but the NSD beat downs have made me feel he isn't the guy. Because you fix the NSD meltdowns u fix Miami.

Advertisement
There are things you can question and criticize Golden for, recruiting, IMO, is not one of them. He's too highly organized, and he's also got the gift of gab. Hopefully the other question marks workthemselves out in the coming year, especially since he's got his players and system in place. It's a no-excuses year now.

I'd respectfully disagree with that.

As exciting as these past few days have been on the recruiting front, especially due to the commitments of an elite QB and MLB for 2016, the glaring issue with the 2015 class remains a lack of headlining talent outside of the RBs (Williams not expected to stick) and Perry. There's a lot of quantity with 16 total commits, but landing elite talent is what matters far more than anything else when it comes to recruiting and that's the biggest problem at the moment.

Luckily there's plenty of time to land more potential big-time difference makers. But this is the first class they're assembling from start to finish without any "cloud" or other excuses. There was optimism a few months ago that this would be the strongest class yet under Golden. It's certainly not off to that kind of start, which matters because of how poorly they closed the previous cycle down the stretch.

Not trying to bring negativity into a commitment thread, but there's no way the staff should be considered infallible when it comes to recruiting. They haven't earned that.

(ahem)....Welcome to the U, Therrell!!! Oh, sorry, I thought this was a thread about congratulating a new commit. My bad. Commence the bytchfest.

(ahem)....Welcome to the U, Therrell!!! Oh, sorry, I thought this was a thread about congratulating a new commit. My bad. Commence the bytchfest.

1.gif

All I have to say is, it's been almost 24 hours without a commit, and I'm getting damned restless!!!!!

Advertisement
Golden has been recruiting his *** off since he has been here. He is very organized, a hard working and has a plan when it comes to recruiting. Again, for anyone to call themselves a Canes fan and not supporting him at this time is a joke.

We all support the canes even if our opinion of the coach is different from yours, he's a pretty good recruiter but the way us fans want UM back he has to be an elite recruiter which he is not. Just because your hard working and organized doesn't make you a good recruiter, when you lose elite prospects in your yard then you can see way we are a 9 win team year in and out give or take. Some of you fans put his recruiting on a pedestal and it's not that great, it's better than Shannon's but we need to have a beastly class every year if we want our 01 02 canes back. besides his game day weaknesses which an elite recruiter can cover up his closing is not that great since he whiffed on Alex Collins and Cooper, don't get me started about DT where we have new bodies there and everyone magically expects our DL to be great with DTs with no D1 experience. Wycher is hit or miss,Moten isn't ready, this is what happens when u miss targets like Bryant bostwick and Valentine.

I've seen posts on here talking about a stacked roster and I don't see it, are there some good payers yes but our roster is far from stacked and I think we will be relatively the same as last year but we will beat duke if we have a healthy D Johnson.

Duke Johnson plays defense? Fugg outta here moron

That's a great point, I didn't factor in the poor facilities & low stadium attendance. But his performance HAS to get better on & off the field. Miami has to beat FSU. But they get blown out by average teams or have tough games against them. That's unacceptable. What it came down to with them was Al Golden's message vs urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Les Miles, Mark Richt, and others. They all have what he doesn't

I used to think he was the guy but the NSD beat downs have made me feel he isn't the guy. Because you fix the NSD meltdowns u fix Miami.

Nah, there will be enough talent on the roster in the next few years that good football (x's and o's) coaches could dominate CFB. There is more than enough talent in South Florida/all of Florida that a good coaching staff could be nearly unstoppable. That is the unique thing about Miami. So much talent down here that a great deal of "3 stars" are four and five stars in other places in the country.

What Miami needs is a coaching staff that attacks on offense and defense and is x's and o's savy. You shouldn't have to have talent like the 2000-2002 Canes to be able to win a national title at Miami, that is an absurd thing to aim for. A coaching staff should be good enough to win without a boatload of NFL first round picks on the roster.

Golden has been recruiting his *** off since he has been here. He is very organized, a hard working and has a plan when it comes to recruiting. Again, for anyone to call themselves a Canes fan and not supporting him at this time is a joke.

2.png

There are things you can question and criticize Golden for, recruiting, IMO, is not one of them. He's too highly organized, and he's also got the gift of gab. Hopefully the other question marks workthemselves out in the coming year, especially since he's got his players and system in place. It's a no-excuses year now.

2.png

Advertisement
If Al Golden would have taken the Penn State Job, Miami would have been better off long term & maybe even short term. Sorry to hurt y'all feelings, I know everybody here is apart of the "Al Golden Fan Club" but he "ain't all that" and hasn't proven anything at the university of Miami.

He lost recruiting battles against many top recruiters. More losses off the Field than on.
JC Jackson? LOST
Dalvin Cook? LOST
Alex Collins? LOST
Ermon Lane? LOST
Sony Michel? LOST
Travonte Valentine? LOST
Ect.

Yeah but he's a great recruiter according to y'all? Please. He can't even out recruit Will Muschamp and his team went 4-8. Took two 4-star players right from him....

Al Golden is an abover-average head coach & Not the right guy for UM. There was a reason Penn State Chose James Franklin over him. He's not in Franklin's class as a coach or recruiter. (Penn state top 7 in the country recruiting class).

Players go to Bama for Saban, go to LSU for Les Miles, not many players goes to Miami for Al Golden.

I really believe some of you all take this recruiting thing to in depth. the only people we lost were the ones that committed and flipped.

the one I don't See on your list is Travis Randolph. he is going to be an absolute stud. and give us he'll the next 3-4 years. we lost him because he felt staff lied to him. to me that was the biggest lost. all those others guys didn't want to come here.

and calling out Golden for not being a great recruiter? how bout he Golden beat Saban head to head many Times Burns, Bush,Chad and Muschamp Moten,T Howard.

some of you are so bias and want to be negative and never look at it from our coaches prospective

Welcome Therrell!
Hope you show out here and don't become the next Jontavious Carter or oops Dwayne Hoilett.

Advertisement
Back