Weinberg the most underrated pickup of the season

Miami played 16 games; how many were indoors? Two? And Davis was 1/2
Your specific complaint about him was in the playoffs where half the game Miami played were played indoors.

"And Davis was 1/2"......never mind that the kicks were from 49 and 51! Just leave out the context right? Wouldn't want any of that to evaluate a players performance.
 
Based on the numbers Davis was a well above average P4 kicker. I think you just like *****ing about the players. Makes you feel better about yourself? IDK.
 
LOL! Now you are moving the goal posts. Define elite kicker. WTF does that mean. It's wildly subjective. I asked for P4 kickers as that's what we were discussing.

Also I don't think anyone ever said Davis was elite last season. Was he good? Yeah. He made the kicks one would hope he'd make and he made several long kicks in high pressure situations as well. The only kicks he missed that, based on distance alone, you'd expect him to hit were at the A&M tornado. The dude did his job. If you are expecting more you aren't being reasonable.
I’m expecting a kicker to make FGs. And in the CFP he was 3/8. The kicks in A&M were not good conditions but he made one. If he made one, it’s not unreasonable to expect him to make all of them.
 
LOL! Now you are moving the goal posts. Define elite kicker. WTF does that mean. It's wildly subjective. I asked for P4 kickers as that's what we were discussing.

Also I don't think anyone ever said Davis was elite last season. Was he good? Yeah. He made the kicks one would hope he'd make and he made several long kicks in high pressure situations as well. The only kicks he missed that, based on distance alone, you'd expect him to hit were at the A&M tornado. The dude did his job. If you are expecting more you aren't being reasonable.
You don’t know what an elite kickers means? I’m sorry, brother.. I’ll do better
 
I’m expecting a kicker to make FGs. And in the CFP he was 3/8. The kicks in A&M were not good conditions but he made one. If he made one, it’s not unreasonable to expect him to make all of them.
Once again distance, aka context, is divorced from any part of the conversation when it's convenient for you.

"If he made one, it’s not unreasonable to expect him to make all of them".

That's you saying you know nothing about kickers, kicking, and especially kicking in poor conditions. The FG he made was from 21 yards! A literal chip shot. At that distance the wind really doesn't play much of a factor as the ball isn't in the air for long enough and he can also kick it lower (get it off quicker) as he doesn't need to put as much into it. The kicks he missed were from 35, 40, and 47. Also with the variable wind conditions, it was swirling and changed directions very fast, some of those were much harder than others.

You are thinking on a cave man level....."Kicker make kick good. Kicker miss kick bad". No thought of distance or conditions.

The guy was **** near perfect when kicking anything under 48 where he wasn't in a tornado. He missed two high % kicks all season, 42 yarder vs NC State and 44 yarder vs Stanford, both in blowout games where it really didn't matter. If that doesn't get your approval nothing will.
 
I’m expecting a kicker to make FGs. And in the CFP he was 3/8. The kicks in A&M were not good conditions but he made one. If he made one, it’s not unreasonable to expect him to make all of them.
And the other two misses were from 50 and 51. OMG what a bum! LOL! As I've said you have no idea what's reasonable to expect from a kicker.
 
Ole Miss's elite kicker Lucas Carneiro has already missed a 46 yarder this season in very normal conditions. It happens even to "elite" kickers and no one ever claimed that 2025 Carter Davis was elite.
 
He must’ve really turned it around when he got to Miami because the guy they brought in to compete with him, I think missed one kick in multiple years at Northwestern.
 
Back
Top