Wefense now ranked #31

Advertisement
Alabama is #43 . Does that mean Saban's defense is ****?

It's week 3. Some teams have played 3 cream puffs.

I'd check back after week 8 and you will get a much better idea about rankings.

Advertisement

Well we played 2 cream puffs and were in the top 10, and after our first real opponent were 31st. I can see the direction this is headed in.

Well we played 2 cream puffs and were in the top 10, and after our first real opponent were 31st. I can see the direction this is headed in.

Exactly . But unlike some you have sense.

Advertisement

Nah bro. I'm sure our defense will improve once we play FSU, Clemson, etc.

How many stops did we have in the 4th that ended up being kept alive by "penalties"? Nebraska should've never gotten over 325 yards if they didn't have every drive resurrected by a penalty in the last 10 minutes. We held them to 2 or 3 three and outs that I can think of that were kept alive by the officials.

I get it, hating on the coaches is fun, I'll probably get called a porster or derp for even defending them, but it is what it is. When we were up 23 you guys were upset we weren't up 43. When we were passing the ball you were wondering why we weren't running as much, but when we ran the ball twice in a row I remember seeing a whole page of posts stating we were getting conservative. Yes, the coaches deserve a lot of hate from the past 4 years, but yesterday they got royally screwed by B1G officiating. We dominated in nearly every facet of the game. The stats don't show it thanks to the officials keeping their drive alive and not calling a single hold on Nebraska.

Go look back, we had Armstrong on the run all game, he was on his back half of the time he dropped back, we were blitzing more than ever. D'Ono did go into his cover 3 shell when we were up 33-10 for the first score, but after that the defense was making stops, they were being negated for the dumbest of penalties. We had 3 TD"s called back. Dobard's might have been okay to call, but the other's were not. If the holds were called both ways, fine, but the fact Nebraska got away with all the muggings they did, it was just a terrible officiated game.

I hate to blame officiating, normally it just makes you look like a homer making excuses for your team, but honestly, that was one of the worst officiated quarters I have ever seen in my entire life at any level of the sport.

Advertisement
Looked like the Wefense was a step or two away from Armstrong for 3 quarters. Some pressure, but not quite there. Guys are still too open with our secondary. Lucky for us that some of the Husker receivers have hands of stone. The patty cake seems to all but have gone away, and guys seem to be more aggressive in closing, to my untrained eye.

Why not just check back after the season is over?

Advertisement

QBmAGVY.jpg

Advertisement
Back