Week 5 Stat Roll

ypc vs FBS is a bit surprising vs nationwide, likely due to our low sack numbers. Fletcher is @ 5.0, Mallory is 4.45, and Pringle about the same 4.67. No I don't count Stanford because the blocking was horrendous, our numbers would be a lot better. And don't @ me with the fake outrage here, I am not arguing anything about the RB's. For the millionth time I like all of these players. With the OL coming together and the insertion of Congdon in the OL I expect all our RB's to put up better numbers and they have to do so. To me this continues to be the key to winning #6. Establish this running game and our offense will be unstoppable.
 
ypc vs FBS is a bit surprising vs nationwide, likely due to our low sack numbers. Fletcher is @ 5.0, Mallory is 4.45, and Pringle about the same 4.67. No I don't count Stanford because the blocking was horrendous, our numbers would be a lot better. And don't @ me with the fake outrage here, I am not arguing anything about the RB's. For the millionth time I like all of these players. With the OL coming together and the insertion of Congdon in the OL I expect all our RB's to put up better numbers and they have to do so. To me this continues to be the key to winning #6. Establish this running game and our offense will be unstoppable.

It's because we're not hitting the homeruns in the run game that we did in 2024, mostly with Martinez.

We have 3 runs of 20+ yards this season, 77th in the country. That's 0.75 such runs per game, in 2024, we had 21 in 12 games.

That's what boosts the YPC up, obviously. This team and these backs are more apt to get positive yards, but not a ton, on each carry. I'm OK with it, sure I'd like to break off a 40 yarder once a game, but the push has been better since the Stanford game and definitely better than 80% of what we saw last season. If we averaged 5 YPC for the whole year, that's usually a Top 25 mark in the country, if you add that to this passing game, we're going to be more than fine. Right now we're at 4.98.

FSU will be interesting.
 
ypc vs FBS is a bit surprising vs nationwide, likely due to our low sack numbers. Fletcher is @ 5.0, Mallory is 4.45, and Pringle about the same 4.67. No I don't count Stanford because the blocking was horrendous, our numbers would be a lot better. And don't @ me with the fake outrage here, I am not arguing anything about the RB's. For the millionth time I like all of these players. With the OL coming together and the insertion of Congdon in the OL I expect all our RB's to put up better numbers and they have to do so. To me this continues to be the key to winning #6. Establish this running game and our offense will be unstoppable.

It's because we're not hitting the homeruns in the run game that we did in 2024, mostly with Martinez.

We have 3 runs of 20+ yards this season, 77th in the country. That's 0.75 such runs per game, in 2024, we had 21 in 12 games.

That's what boosts the YPC up, obviously. This team and these backs are more apt to get positive yards, but not a ton, on each carry. I'm OK with it, sure I'd like to break off a 40 yarder once a game, but the push has been better since the Stanford game and definitely better than 80% of what we saw last season. If we averaged 5 YPC for the whole year, that's usually a Top 25 mark in the country, if you add that to this passing game, we're going to be more than fine. Right now we're at 4.98.

FSU will be interesting.
Great information there. I think the bigger runs are coming but as you say most of our RB and our scheme is not built for explosive runs. We are getting better push but the biggest improvement imo has been our OL getting to the LB and actually making blocks. We were missing everything early in the year. Backs were following the pullers/lead and getting blasted. If SJ ever actually figures this part of the game out, he can be a weapon.

Our stretch runs have been terrible except for the FAMU game. Our IOL in space have been a disaster. Seeing some improvement tho.
 
Back
Top