Week 14 Gambling Thread

For_The_U

All ACC
I had a so-so weekend. My dumb *** talked myself into betting Miami which cost me. If they had covered I would have cashed a massive parlay, and I lost on them straight.

The Good: Deciding to bet Michigan-9.5 and then pounding them at -6.5 when the score was tight early. Believing Colorado would keep that game tight at home and Cal would beat Stanford.. Cashing two NFL chalk parlays.

The Bad: Thinking UGA would cover. Betting a NW/OSU taser heavier than I should have.

The Ugly: ******* Canes, man. smh

Got Thanksgiving weekend off to a good start on the book hitting Michigan-4 today and I'm on Chelsea who is up 2-1 right now. Vegas finally caught up to the UVA under train as their line is 104.5 today which is too low for me. I've got a Mich/PSU parlay still pending on the CBB side. All I've got on CFB right now is a Iowa ML/Colorado+31.5/Bama ML parlay which pays just under 3x. I really like that one!

What do you have your eyes on, Canes fam?

Advertisement
So far from a quick glance at the board...

Wash St @ Washington O63.5
O$U -9.5 @ Michigan
Clemson @ SC O50.5
OU @ OK St O69 (nice)
Bama -4 @ Auburn
Baylor -14 @ KU
UF -18 v FSU U53.5
Duke +9 v Miami
UNC -10 @ NCST
ND -17 @ Stanford

Action today...

Bears/Boys/Saints ML chalk parlay, pays 1.5x.

I put in on Bears-5 as well. This Bears team is a trainwreck, but with no Stafford and a limited Driskell their D should tee off.

I also like Man U on the ML in Europa League today in about an hour. Man U has already clinched and are bringing a team of youngsters, which makes it risky. But this is a team searching for some pride right now and I think they'll give it their all from start to finish and win comfortably.

Action today...

Bears/Boys/Saints ML chalk parlay, pays 1.5x.

I put in on Bears-5 as well. This Bears team is a trainwreck, but with no Stafford and a limited Driskell their D should tee off.

I also like Man U on the ML in Europa League today in about an hour. Man U has already clinched and are bringing a team of youngsters, which makes it risky. But this is a team searching for some pride right now and I think they'll give it their all from start to finish and win comfortably.

I took Man U -0.5. Those young guys are legit and Lingard is starting

Advertisement
Take Auburn against the spread & straight up. It’s EASY money. Auburn is the better football team. They have a much better defense and can score points at home. Alabama has the better offense, but they can’t stop anyone good. It will be like all other great rivalry’s, a good old fashioned brawl. Auburn covers and most likely wins straight up. Make your money

I don’t know if you’re a good gambler or not, but missing out on this game would be foolish. Take them ATS and make the same bet straight up. It’s either a push or you’ll crush the book. I can’t believe they’re getting points at home against this Alabama team.

Alabama (-3½) at Auburn: Alabamahasn't covered back-to-back games since midway through 2018 and is 6-8 ATS in its last 14 games. Auburn is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games, and the home team is 5-1 straight up and ATS in the Iron Bowl since 2013

Your Duke plus the points at home... fwiw I wouldn’t bet this Canes team. I also wouldn’t bet a dime on Duke. Their defense sucks. They suck at home. Their quarterback sucks. They have trouble against defenses that bring pressure. They have a few athletes, but nowhere what they need for this game. It’s a suckers bet. Imho

Last edited:
That was horse****e
Man, Chong was served up an empty net from 5ft and somehow missed it. They immediately countered to tie, hit another and that was that. 2-0 there may be a totally different story. smh

Bears look dreadful as well. Rough start for this guy!

Advertisement
Take Auburn against the spread & straight up. It’s EASY money. Auburn is the better football team. They have a much better defense and can score points at home. Alabama has the better offense, but they can’t stop anyone good. It will be like all other great rivalry’s, a good old fashioned brawl. Auburn covers and most likely wins straight up. Make your money

I don’t know if you’re a good gambler or not, but missing out on this game would be foolish. Take them ATS and make the same bet straight up. It’s either a push or you’ll crush the book. I can’t believe they’re getting points at home against this Alabama team.

Alabama (-3½) at Auburn: Alabamahasn't covered back-to-back games since midway through 2018 and is 6-8 ATS in its last 14 games. Auburn is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games, and the home team is 5-1 straight up and ATS in the Iron Bowl since 2013

Your Duke plus the points at home... fwiw I wouldn’t bet this Canes team. I also wouldn’t bet a dime on Duke. Their defense sucks. They suck at home. Their quarterback sucks. They have trouble against defenses that bring pressure. They have a few athletes, but nowhere what they need for this game. It’s a suckers bet. Imho

Im dropping oney on duke.

They have the big advantages coaching wise....They have trouble against defenses that bring pressure...but we dont bring pressure. We go with 3 down lineman and the 2 backers in the gaps and typically just rush 5 and soft zone behind it. Cutcliffe will eat it up.

Our offense does no favors. Basically we will have to force some turnovers and short fields to put up numbers...Fiu had us by the balls...Duke has better players easily on defense.

Took some lumps yesterday! ****. I put in on Saints-7 on tilt and **** near threw my TV threw a window at the end of that one. Doubt I'll ever see a kicker convert 3 straight onside attempts again in my life.

I like VT to beat UVA at noon. They are playing good ball right now and they own the hoos soul. My friends all like Iowa. I think they should win, but I hate betting Iowa to cover anything.

Lots of good CFB on today!

Last edited:
This might sound nuts but Oregon St +19.5 is very intriguing...Beavers haven't won the Civil War in quite some time but they're playing good ball and need a win to get bowl eligible. Oregon might get punched in the mouth early if they don't get over the ASU debacle from last weekend. Hangover game for me, I'm thinking the Ducks win but it's like 45-35.

Advertisement
This might sound nuts but Oregon St +19.5 is very intriguing...Beavers haven't won the Civil War in quite some time but they're playing good ball and need a win to get bowl eligible. Oregon might get punched in the mouth early if they don't get over the ASU debacle from last weekend. Hangover game for me, I'm thinking the Ducks win but it's like 45-35.
If you think they have a hangover bet the first half.

So far from a quick glance at the board...

Wash St @ Washington O63.5
O$U -9.5 @ Michigan
Clemson @ SC O50.5
OU @ OK St O69 (nice)
Bama -4 @ Auburn
Baylor -14 @ KU
UF -18 v FSU U53.5
Duke +9 v Miami
UNC -10 @ NCST
ND -17 @ Stanford
Dukee duke plus 9. Bet the house of cards.

Any thoughts on USF +23.5 @ UCF?

Seems like a lot, but UCF could score frequently and often. USF a bit erratic.

Advertisement
I love you guys posting who you’re betting on. This is good PURE GOLD! Everyone’s on Duke... good for my Canes 🙌 it’s easier to pick winners when you don’t bet. Auburn and Miami if I was gambling. I’m not 😂

I love you guys posting who you’re betting on. This is good PURE GOLD! Everyone’s on Duke... good for my Canes 🙌 it’s easier to pick winners when you don’t bet. Auburn and Miami if I was gambling. I’m not 😂
Well let the gamblers be gamblers. I have a feeling when I bet against the U ....... I will lose.

Any thoughts on USF +23.5 @ UCF?

Seems like a lot, but UCF could score frequently and often. USF a bit erratic.
I would take USF with that point spread. I can see the head to head competition how UCF won, but they have been playing bad the last couple of games. Depth issues. I think UCF will win just not by 23.5 points.

Death, taxes, and Mike Leach losing the Apple Cup. I haven’t been betting much lately but I made sure to hammer Washington like I do every year and it didn’t disappoint.

Advertisement
Back