Week 1 predictions

StevoBevo

Freshman
College football is Officially here! Drop your predictions Below for what will be a VERY competitive week one slate.

THURSDAY
#4 Ohio State @ Minnesota
Prediction: Minnesota 24 - Ohio State 21
(Minnesota brings back 20/22 starters and EVERYONE back on what was a solid defense while getting the benefit of playing at home While Ohio State must break in a new QB)

FRIDAY
#10 UNC @ V Tech
Prediction: UNC 41 - V tech 17
(UNC brings back Howell as well as all 5 starters on the O line while V tech breaks in a lot of new pieces (including QB) and in my opinion doesn’t have the talent to keep up)

SATURDAY
#12 Wisconsin Vs 19# Penn state
Prediction: Wisc 28 - P state 17
(Penn state seems overhyped and went 2-5 last year and plays AT Wisconsin against what should be a very solid defense once again)

17# Indiana @ 18# Iowa
Prediction: Indiana 35 - Iowa 21
(Indiana far and away has the top QB in this matchup while stacking up with Iowa very similar talent wise, both teams with similar identities but I think Penix Jr will be too much)

1# Alabama * #14 Miami
Prediction: Miami 34 - Alabama 27
(I can’t explain it, but I just do not seem to be afraid of Bama Offense, this is an offense that IMO is similar to LSU of 2018 ( remember we held them to 2 TDs and 4 FGs ) that was the last year Diaz was in charge of the defense and we ranked 1# in yards allowed. From what I hear on Bama boards they expect a very conservative/simple offensive game plan that won’t show too much. LSU had the same game plan to ease Burrow into the starting Job. The exception from 2018 to now is we have Upgraded at QB, WR, OL and RB/CB depth PLUS the additions of T-Rob/ Shoop over Rumph, Simpson was coach that year and we had a TREMENDOUS run defense (which will be bama a strength going in). Confidence is one **** of a drug and I’m overdosing boys.)

3# Clemson * 5# Georgia
Prediction: Clemson 37 - Georgia 24
(UGA has a lot of injuries in their secondary right now, Clemson adds Justin Ross to their WR core and DJ already has big game experience when he went in for lawrence Against ND and put up 40 points. Not to mention Kirby just doesn’t seem to be able to edge out these kind of games for whatever reason)

21# Texas vs 23# Louisiana
Prediction: Texas 45 - Louisiana 24
(If Sark is ANYTHING like he was at Bama they will have a lethal offense, the talent gap between the two programs is just too wide for Louisiana to overcome)

SUNDAY
#9 Notre Dame @ FSU
Prediction: ND 44 - FSU 14
(The noles are trash and with Travis at QB they’re doomed)

MONDAY
Louisville vs ole miss
Prediction: UL 28 - Ole miss 45
(I’m gonna be frank…idk anything about either team outside of Corral coming back for Ole miss and Both teams having dreadful defenses)

BUT ANYWAYS ITS FOOTBALL SEASON YALL AND WE BYKE

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
The Breakfast Club Weed GIF

Didn't read it. Too many parenthesis. Just post the **** scores without the commentary.

You alright, brother? Yeah, the formatting was horrible (I fixed it for him) and I know it's game week, but let's have a little tolerance for our fellow Cane. We don't want to have to see Re-reformedSteven roaming around these CIS streets.

Advertisement
Put me in the camp that is adamant that Clemson will destroy Georgia. Georgia has no offensive weapons. They’re all hurt. And Kirby is the king of fumbling big games

I love how everyone here seems to think that only the favored teams play worse in openers and the underdogs will play their best game of the year to pull the upset…
If there's ever a week to just pick the underdog in every matchup, it's week one. I'm not saying the dogs will win every game, just that that given there's so many question marks for almost every team, it's nearly impossible to get any type of accurate read so point spreads tend to be a guessing game.

Also, OP picked the favorite in every one of his picks besides two.

I love how everyone here seems to think that only the favored teams play worse in openers and the underdogs will play their best game of the year to pull the upset…
Here’s the list of his actual picks:

OSU/MN: Upset

Miami/Bama: Upset

VT/UNC: Favorite

Wiscy/PSU: Favorite

Texas/UL: Favorite

Clemson/UGA: Favorite

ND/FSU: Favorite

Iowa/ISU: Pick Em

Lou/Ole Miss: Favorite

Advertisement
If there's ever a week to just pick the underdog in every matchup, it's week one. I'm not saying the dogs will win every game, just that that given there's so many question marks for almost every team, it's nearly impossible to get any type of accurate read so point spreads tend to be a guessing game.

This. That poster clearly didnt watch Illinois dismantle Nebraska. Opening game is a great time to catch someone slippin.

I think the only upset that will happen on this list is VT beating UNC
Not that I give much credence to FPI, but it gives UNC only 56% chance to win. Is VT that good or is UNC over rated? I think the latter.

You alright, brother? Yeah, the formatting was horrible (I fixed it for him) and I know it's game week, but let's have a little tolerance for our fellow Cane. We don't want to have to see Re-reformedSteven roaming around these CIS streets.
sorry. bad week. did a funeral on Monday. I apologize.

Advertisement
Miami will win. How do I know? Because I won't be watching the game. Whenever I watch a game, **** always goes wrong. I'll turn off the TV, walk away and then out of morbid curiosity turn the TV on again and discover Miami made huge plays when I wasn't watching. Of course, since I'm watching again, **** will inevitably go sidesways again until I turn it off.

To ensure we play a solid game the whole 4 quarters the TV will stay off. Also, I haven't seen my kids in month since I've been gone for military training and I get back home Saturday morning- I'll take the kiddos to the park before the game to make sure I don't even THINK about the game as that could also have disastrous consequences. You are welcome in advance for the W. I'll want a full recap of the victory afterwards.

Not that I give much credence to FPI, but it gives UNC only 56% chance to win. Is VT that good or is UNC over rated? I think the latter.
Yeah that’s weird. I don’t think Virginia Tech has a good team at all.

Ok, I'll play along ......

Opening day predictions

Alabama 38 - Miami - 13

OSU 28 - MN 21

UNC 24 - VT 23

Wisconsin 24 - PSU 14

Texas 24 - UL 13

Clemson 28 - GA 14

ND 34 - FSU 10

Indiana 21 - Iowa 17

Ole Miss 38 - Lou 28

Advertisement

I should have been more specific…I’m talking about heavy favorites and teams that usually lose one or less regular season games a year, specifically bama and osu. And he specifically said it’s partially because osu is breaking in a new qb, and People are saying the same thing about bama breaking in new players, as if it’s ever been an issue over the last 15 years. No one knows who the middle of the pack teams are yet, but I think osu and bama have proven they are top shelf as college football goes.

Ok, I'll play along ......

Opening day predictions

Alabama 38 - Miami - 13

OSU 28 - MN 21

UNC 24 - VT 23

Wisconsin 24 - PSU 14

Texas 24 - UL 13

Clemson 28 - GA 14

ND 34 - FSU 10

Indiana 21 - Iowa 17

Ole Miss 38 - Lou 28
Bama 31 - Miami 21