Wednesday Recruiting Chatter - 12/12

View as article

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
**With DT Derick Hunter, I’m hearing from a source close to the recruitment it’s actually UF, not Miami, that has the best chance to flip him from FSU. Florida head coach Dan Mullen has really made Hunter a top priority, staying in constant contact, and Hunter has seemed most responsive to the Gators’ overtures. Still, with his volatile demeanor, what Hunter actually does on signing day will be anybody’s guess.

**A program source told us DE Khris Bogle’s Monday in-home visit with the Canes went “extremely well” and the UM staff is “very confident” that they will eventually sign him. Bogle will be on campus in Coral Gables this weekend for his final official visit before he makes his decision and the Canes feel that they will lock him up on this trip. Something else to watch out for that could affect this recruitment: DE Kayvon Thibodeaux is scheduled to make his decision this coming Saturday, and if the pick is Alabama, the Tide won’t have room for Bogle in their class.

**S Martin Emerson is planning on being in Miami for his official visit this weekend, but as we reported previously, he will not sign with anybody early and take his final decision to February despite his Miss. State commitment. Emerson will also take official visits in the New Year to both Louisville and Virginia, but a source close to the recruitment told CIS that they are simply “free trips” and neither should be considered serious contenders. This is a Miami-Miss. State battle all the way.

**A quick update on WR TJ Jones: the Canes are still after him hard and Ron Dugans plans to be in-home with him on Thursday. Jones won’t be signing in the early period and has pushed his decision timeline back into the New Year. While he hasn’t set up any official visits as of now, he plans to see UM after the dead period in January.

**If anyone was still wondering about OL Maurice Smith after the Jakai Clark commitment, I can tell you there doesn’t seem to be any interest on both sides. I’ve been told Smith does not plan to come to UM for an official visit this weekend and he will sign with BC next week, while Miami feels set with Clark as their lone center in this class.

**In-home visits are scheduled for today with WR Jadon Haselwood and DT Jalar Holley. More news seems to come out on in-home visits by the hour, so stay up to date with who the coaches are visiting with our tracker right *here*.

**UM's official visit weekend will start a day earlier than usual due to the quiet period beginning on Sunday, so prospects will begin to show up on campus tomorrow (Thursday). The majority of UM's commits will be on campus, but Miami will also have a star-studded list of targets in Coral Gables as well, such as Bogle, TE Keon Zipperer, DE Lloyd Summerall, and S Tyrique Stevenson among others. See who else plans to be there with our OV tracker *here*.

Advertisement
Great news on Bogle. We could, potentially, have a great day as a program if him, Stevenson, and Hasselwood all announce for us at the all-star game. That’s some momentum we desperately need.

As for TJ Jones, I would hope the staff continues to stay hard on him. I would love to have him, Hasselwood, Payton, and Dunmore. Would be an unbelievable WR class.

Thanks, Stefan! We appreciate the hard work.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Everybody ask stefan if he still feels good about zip and summerall. :D

5565F72C-2924-4FAE-88AE-0DDE71EEA2C0.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back