We win it all 2024 if...

Advertisement
Every year we think there’s only one problem to address.

We have the talent, we have the schedule, and we have the QB the coaches wanted so why not win it all. Lots of us have lived in the past and when Reed and Highsmith plus Mario arrived on the scene we pictured our storied history repeating. I've had events in my life that were special including the 58 game win streak but you cannot recapture those moments. I've had events that seemed to repeat a special time but rarely can you capture a repeat of special moments. It is time for this team to create their own moment and I am not disappointed to see Highsmith and Reed plus Sapp disengage, as much as I love Michael Irvin he should just watch. We cannot repeat history but we can create a new era. I see the potential for greatness.

Now for a Fraggle twist the IF FACTOR...IF we hire a special teams coach dedicated to special teams we go undefeated 2024., our return game should be explosive plus we have the kickers required. I'd love to see a special teams score every week via blocked kicks, returns or trick calls. Why kick off out of the end zone every kick off, kick it to the 1 and see if teams are even prepared for returns since kickoffs always go out of the end zone and use our speed to tackle inside the 20. When is the last time we had a fake punt? or a reverse on a punt return? You all know I've been harping on ST's all of 2023, take some chances and trust your players..win some games you should've lost.
fraggle, I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart, after this past week of news, wars, the importance of the American presidency diminish before our eyes and 20 years of Hurricane football, you prove that optimism truly is still alive and well no matter how battered the past has made us. **** did we need this, particularly this week.

We have the talent, we have the schedule, and we have the QB the coaches wanted so why not win it all. Lots of us have lived in the past and when Reed and Highsmith plus Mario arrived on the scene we pictured our storied history repeating. I've had events in my life that were special including the 58 game win streak but you cannot recapture those moments. I've had events that seemed to repeat a special time but rarely can you capture a repeat of special moments. It is time for this team to create their own moment and I am not disappointed to see Highsmith and Reed plus Sapp disengage, as much as I love Michael Irvin he should just watch. We cannot repeat history but we can create a new era. I see the potential for greatness.

Now for a Fraggle twist the IF FACTOR...IF we hire a special teams coach dedicated to special teams we go undefeated 2024., our return game should be explosive plus we have the kickers required. I'd love to see a special teams score every week via blocked kicks, returns or trick calls. Why kick off out of the end zone every kick off, kick it to the 1 and see if teams are even prepared for returns since kickoffs always go out of the end zone and use our speed to tackle inside the 20. When is the last time we had a fake punt? or a reverse on a punt return? You all know I've been harping on ST's all of 2023, take some chances and trust your players..win some games you should've lost.

wE hAvE tHe tALeNt!!

Not even close with the two deep and missing some key experience in the secondary, but even IF Miami had "the talent"—it lacks the experience.

One ten-win season since 2004. Won the Coastal once. Never won the ACC. Never sniffed the Playoffs. Haven't been anywhere near winning a massively important game in almost two decades—closest was the late season win over #3 Notre Dame in 2017.

Lose big, lose close, win close, win big—the old Bobby Bowden adage applies.

Georgia hung around for years with Richt before they threw $200,000,000 at their program, lost the natty a few years into the Smart era and finally won it all year six.

Harbaugh lost five in a row to Ohio State and was a perennial playoffs choke before he got lucky this year after Alabama did his dirty work and knocked Georgia out of the postseason; finally winning a title his NINTH season in Ann Arbor.

Jimbo Fisher got his ring at Florida State when he had an all-world team and Heisman quarterback in 2013; getting paid a mint to go to aTm and to get canned after six seasons with a 45-25 record. Never turned a corner there.

One team wins it all. Miami's won it five times in the program's history and better teams have left titles on the field (1985, 1986, 1992) while others have gotten snubbed or robbed (1988, 2000, 2002).

Let's worry about getting double digits and an ACC title game berth before we start evoking Jake Taylor's "win the whole f**king thing" energy...

Advertisement
We are one

College Sports Sport GIF by FAU Athletics

Away from winning it all...

dave chappelle what GIF

Advertisement
We win it all with a huge turnover margin, top notch QB play, solid special teams, and a dominant run game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back