We took 6 hours

There was an anonymity piece written about what acc coaches thought of our coordinators, two or three of the opposing coaches collectively said that cmd thinks he's the smartest person in the room when he is not. It's football, just coach the kids etc etc.
Here's another:
1568207698651.png

Advertisement
and saw no candidates, and we chose a guy that we have to watch learn how to be a head coach. We didn't have to go this route, but our Board of Trustees does not know how to perform their duties.

I hope Manny learns quickly but if he loses this year he is not going to get the benefit of the doubt. He has an easy schedule and has yet to win, need to win immediately and get this going in the right direction or recruiting is not going to get fixed any time soon.

I will give Manny credit, Jarren Williams was the right choice, I thought he was the right choice going into this year and Manny chose him and he is a stud. Why we have an Oline this deficient is inexcusable. And we start games slow, another head coaching neophyte move.

We had to endure the growing pains of watching Butch learn how to be a head coach, we could have benefited by hiring him again and not had this learning curve experience yet again. Manny needs to pick up the pace on the learning curve.

In related news, I just had a massive Bowel movement.
I shall never include oat-meal, arugula, blueberries, brocolli, black beans and cabbage within a 24 hour window.

The school is overt about their priorities. Winning football championships is way down on the list. But that shouldn't mean we can't be competitive and stay relevant. We'll go as far as our decent facilities and good weather can take us.

Believe what you want. And good job going off on a tangent.
Vegas had us favorites against UNC.
I'm none of those but what does this have to do with anything? I don't really care if you care about what I think about Manny, I'm just saying I've heard some legitimate stuff from nycane.

If better than last year is your standards, by all means. All of those nice looking stats still did not result in TDs. Our red zone offense is just as bad as last years's. Face it, Enos is mediocre. He hired and kept some no name bums like Stubblefield, Baker, Banda, Patke etc. They have no business coaching here. But let me guess, coaches know more than the fans right? Haven't heard that one before.

Vegas had us as 1-possession favorites, and we lost by 1-possession. That's what happens when you play 1-possession games - sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. They're mostly luck, which is why teams tend to be right around .500 in 1-possession games, no matter how good or how bad they are as a team. The good teams are good because they avoid 1-possession games by blowing teams out.

Vegas knows a lot more than the idiot Canes fans that knew we were going to blow UNC out, and knows more than the idiot Gator fans that knew they were going to blow us out. And Vegas certainly knows a lot more than nycane, whoever the **** that is.

I probably shouldn't be telling all of this to someone that said the term "nice looking stats", though. If you struggle to contextualize numbers and tease out the meaningful from the noise, then it is what it is.

Last edited:
Advertisement
There was an anonymity piece written about what acc coaches thought of our coordinators, two or three of the opposing coaches collectively said that cmd thinks he's the smartest person in the room when he is not. It's football, just coach the kids etc etc.

Ehh sounds like hate. Every coach thinks they are the smartest guy in the room. But no one cares about that when you get results.

I shall never include oat-meal, arugula, blueberries, brocolli, black beans and cabbage within a 24 hour window.
You just gave away the ingredients to a product worth billions on the constipation market!

You know who else thinks that? Urban Meyer, Bill Belichick, etc.

The smartest people in the room all think they are the smartest people in the room. In fact, it'd be problematic if Manny didn't think he was the smartest person in the room. This doesn't make them arrogant - it's actually the opposite. They're the smartest people in the room because they're not afraid to critique themselves and make changes when necessary. And of course, they also need to be smart enough to figure out "when necessary" is.

The real question is whether he is the smartest person in the room or not. I think he might be, but time will tell. (And no, 2 1-possession games don't count as "time".)

Advertisement
enos is well respected, much more than many. However, he might not be the best fit for canes football (personality wise). he will also be an HC one day.

Advertisement
@dsddcane @Coach Macho @caneinorlando you guys are more connected than me.

Btw, did you notice anyone outside miami saying "wow great hire?" Guys like mario, butch, even mark stoops bring a much more serious coaching network to the table.
How would he be respected one way or the other. He has never done this before. Those other guys have. You are correct. He still needs to earn the respect. It won't come until he gets at least 1 season under his belt none the less two games. Geez.

How would he be respected one way or the other. He has never done this before. Those other guys have. You are correct. He still needs to earn the respect. It won't come until he gets at least 1 season under his belt none the less two games. Geez.
People who know football can’t stand his defense. Look at the fall off since the golden kids left. That’s nuts.

Advertisement

You speak as though this is a NEGATIVE thing.

Am I the only one who’s confused here?

enos is well respected, much more than many. However, he might not be the best fit for canes football (personality wise). he will also be an HC one day.

That is a good thing. I think your insinuation is he will be gone in 2-3 years. 9 times out of 10 I will take that, as it means he has had a ton of success in those 2-3 years. It has been a problem over the last 10-15 years how few of our assistant coaches have taken that next step in their careers or gone backwards.

@dsddcane @Coach Macho @caneinorlando you guys are more connected than me.

Btw, did you notice anyone outside miami saying "wow great hire?" Guys like mario, butch, even mark stoops bring a much more serious coaching network to the table.

Why do we always have to go back to this same list just because they have Miami ties? When Alabama was stagnant after Gene Stallings until Saban (and really post-Bryant other than a couple of years under Gene Stallings), they had an obsessive prerequisite of hiring an Alabama guy or someone who played under Bryant. Ray Perkins, Gene Stallings, Mike DuBose, and Mike Shula all played under Bryant and a couple coached under him too. Stallings had a couple of good years, but the program was middling while they tried to recreate and focus on the past. Then they got rid of that mentality, hired the best coach possible, and have dominated the last decade.

We are pretty much stuck in that same cycle. Before Jimmy Johnson became THE Miami guy, he was an Oklahoma State guy with no ties to the school. It would be great if we could get over this obsession of a "Miami guy" and just hire the best coach to develop our talent and win some games.

and saw no candidates, and we chose a guy that we have to watch learn how to be a head coach. We didn't have to go this route, but our Board of Trustees does not know how to perform their duties.

I hope Manny learns quickly but if he loses this year he is not going to get the benefit of the doubt. He has an easy schedule and has yet to win, need to win immediately and get this going in the right direction or recruiting is not going to get fixed any time soon.

I will give Manny credit, Jarren Williams was the right choice, I thought he was the right choice going into this year and Manny chose him and he is a stud. Why we have an Oline this deficient is inexcusable. And we start games slow, another head coaching neophyte move.

We had to endure the growing pains of watching Butch learn how to be a head coach, we could have benefited by hiring him again and not had this learning curve experience yet again. Manny needs to pick up the pace on the learning curve.

Again, someone please tell me where this magical village of quality head coaches lining up to bring their show to Miami is currently living.

Florida has a massive athletic budget; settle on an up-and-coming Jim McElwain last go-around, before settling on Dan Mullen this last hire. Neither of those guys were first choice, big name, swing for the fences coaches. Florida State lost Jimbo to a boatload of Texas A&M money; where was their big name hire—despite being five years removed from a national title defense and Playoffs run the next year?

Oregon could buy and sell half the programs out there, but settled on Mario Cristobal; a great recruiter and perennial assistant who failed in his lone head coaching stint at FIU.

Bob Stoops steps down, they promote a 34-year old, two-year offensive coordinator to take over their program—Lincoln Riley having to learn on the job.

Urban Meyer steps down at Ohio State; where is their next home run hire—they promote a guy in their system for two years, 39-year old Ryan Day—to take over.

Michigan throw the kitchen sink at the established Jim Harbaugh—success at Stanford, brings San Francisco to a Super Bowl—dude is 0-4 against Ohio State, got shellacked in Columbus last year, rolled by Florida in the Peach Bowl and needed overtime to beat Army at home to start year five.

News flash; Miami is a niche job—as a private school in a large, metropolitan, multi-cultured, pro-sports town—with a fickle fan base, off-campus stadium and fledgling support. That alone is going to limit your pool of candidates—in a sport that already only has a few big name guys, leaving lots of good program to settle on assistants, up and comers and learn on the job guy.

This fantasy land that Miami could just back up the Brinks truck and get anyone they wanted if they just had the balls; it's laughable.

Most of these college coaches prefer small town, college atmospheres for their wife and kids—as well as pageantry, massive fan support and packed on-campus stadiums every Saturday.

Miami offers none of that, but does appeal to niche guys—of which Diaz is one.

All y'all better hope he figures this **** out, as there aren't many other options outside of him—15 years removed from relevancy, while the rest of the sport keeps rolling on.

Advertisement
Back