We took 6 hours

Yes, tons of people. Anecdotally, I remember hearing lots of folks say Manny was a great fit. But I also performed a 30 second Google search and found lots of praise, including the following by major publications:

Manny Diaz*
AThis is about as good a result that could be expected after the shocking retirement of Mark Richt on Dec. 30. Diaz left Temple after only 18 days to come back home. It's hard to blame him for leaving Temple. Born in Miami, Diaz's dad was mayor of the city. For the last three seasons, he was Richt's defensive coordinator. Diaz has hit the ground sprinting being aggressive in the transfer portal and calling all of it The New Miami.

So his dad was mayor, aggressive in transfer portal, and calls it the new miami. got it.

Advertisement
Yes, tons of people. Anecdotally, I remember hearing lots of folks say Manny was a great fit. But I also performed a 30 second Google search and found lots of praise, including the following by major publications:

He said coaching community. Those are a bunch of know nothing writers. It makes sense given who he hired, a bunch of no name bums. He has no coaching network.
I don't know who @nycane sources are but he's got some. He was the first one I heard from about Richt stepping down.

He said coaching community. Those are a bunch of know nothing writers. It makes sense given who he hired, a bunch of no name bums. He has no coaching network.
I don't know who @nycane sources are but he's got some. He was the first one I heard from about Richt stepping down.
its common sense. Why do you think they would have to open the checkbook for mario? because his assistants will cost alot more than Baker, Patke, Stubbs, and Banda. People dont even realize, Rumph was almost a goner last year.

Advertisement
its common sense. Why do you think they would have to open the checkbook for mario? because his assistants will cost alot more than Baker, Patke, Stubbs, and Banda. People dont even realize, Rumph was almost a goner last year.
facts

what alot of people here dont realize is manny is not well regarded in the coaching community.
I happen to know a lot of coaches and not one has ever said a negative word about Manny’s ability to Coach. Sorry but well regarded in what respect? Did he hurt someone’s feelings and I missed the group hug? Your comment is vague. I’m going to need a lot more than “well regarded” and “community” to do anything more than laugh at this post. I’m “guessing” similar to your “well regarded” your feelings were somehow hurt. Be more specific please, so we can ALL stop guessing about your innuendo. As a person, he’s been nothing but kind and gracious to me fwiw.

I happen to know a lot of coaches and not one has ever said a negative word about Manny’s ability to Coach. Sorry but well regarded in what respect? Did he hurt someone’s feelings and I missed the group hug? Your comment is vague. I’m going to need a lot more than “well regarded” and “community” to do anything more than laugh at this post. I’m “guessing” similar to your “well regarded” your feelings were somehow hurt. Be more specific please, so we can ALL stop guessing about your innuendo. As a person, he’s been nothing but kind and gracious to me fwiw.

Well regarded as in he’s gimmicky as a mother ******.

Advertisement

LOL. Ok got it. Anonymous posters on a free internet message board vouch for him, so he must be legit! The guy's cousin cleans Banda's pool or something, I guess.

I just read on TOS that Vegas now has us as favorites in every remaining game. I'll take the word of the millionaires in Vegas over that of the guys living on the fringes of the sport. No offense, but there are hundreds of thousands of people involved in the game of football. The guys in Vegas are the sharpest. If you're a substitute teacher or insurance agent or something during the day and coach in the afternoon, I don't really care what you think of Manny. You might be great at teaching a 15 year old when/how to turn his hips, which is important and something to be proud of, but you're probably not great at analyzing the sport.

Heck, just a few weeks ago I crossed paths with an ex-P5 position coach who was working in HR (and I believe still coaching U18 kids somewhere on the side). If that guy had told me that Manny stinks, do you think I should have put a lot of weight on his opinion? The guys printing cash because they are the best in the world at predicting college football are telling me my team will likely win a lot of games the rest of this year. I'll listen to them.

And the "no name bum" he hired as our OC had offers to go to Bama and Georgia. In 2 games, he has our previously pathetic offense ranked 26th (per FPI), with only 1 turnover, and completing 71% of its passes (vs 50% last year).

Advertisement

There was an anonymity piece written about what acc coaches thought of our coordinators, two or three of the opposing coaches collectively said that cmd thinks he's the smartest person in the room when he is not. It's football, just coach the kids etc etc.

Advertisement
LOL. Ok got it. Anonymous posters on a free internet message board vouch for him, so he must be legit! The guy's cousin cleans Banda's pool or something, I guess.

I just read on TOS that Vegas now has us as favorites in every remaining game. I'll take the word of the millionaires in Vegas over that of the guys living on the fringes of the sport. No offense, but there are hundreds of thousands of people involved in the game of football. The guys in Vegas are the sharpest. If you're a substitute teacher or insurance agent or something during the day and coach in the afternoon, I don't really care what you think of Manny. You might be great at teaching a 15 year old when/how to turn his hips, which is important and something to be proud of, but you're probably not great at analyzing the sport.

Heck, just a few weeks ago I crossed paths with an ex-P5 position coach who was working in HR (and I believe still coaching U18 kids somewhere on the side). If that guy had told me that Manny stinks, do you think I should have put a lot of weight on his opinion? The guys printing cash because they are the best in the world at predicting college football are telling me my team will likely win a lot of games the rest of this year. I'll listen to them.
Believe what you want. And good job going off on a tangent.
Vegas had us favorites against UNC.
I'm none of those but what does this have to do with anything? I don't really care if you care about what I think about Manny, I'm just saying I've heard some legitimate stuff from nycane.

And the "no name bum" he hired as our OC had offers to go to Bama and Georgia. In 2 games, he has our previously pathetic offense ranked 26th (per FPI), with only 1 turnover, and completing 71% of its passes (vs 50% last year).
If better than last year is your standards, by all means. All of those nice looking stats still did not result in TDs. Our red zone offense is just as bad as last years's. Face it, Enos is mediocre. He hired and kept some no name bums like Stubblefield, Baker, Banda, Patke etc. They have no business coaching here. But let me guess, coaches know more than the fans right? Haven't heard that one before.

what alot of people here dont realize is Miami is not well regarded in the college football and media community.
ftfy.

Since when has Miami ever cared about what other people thought of them. For years the Canes prided themselves on going against the grain and doing it with 2 middle fingers up. **** every single one of them.

Advertisement
Back