WE SKATE???

marshallrc13

Senior
For all of you that said we skated, have you lost your mind??? This has been a nightmare over the past 2 1/2 yrs. Yes we have survived and yes we will be ok... BUT, imagine all the negative recruiting done by UF and FSU because of this. Imagine all the recruits we have lost. Imagine the stress this has put all the staff members and players through. This has been far from skate. I am truly happen this is over. Now we can move forward and DOMINATE!

God help the rest of the country now! GO CANES baby....

Advertisement
You do realize that if former players had been willing to testify against us we would have gotten the worst penalties since SMU? Da U STOOD tall! because that's what we are about family and brotherhood. No one would say anything that could hurt a brother today. even though those guys don't know these new guys on a personal level.

We skated because
1) we didn't have a good team anyways. During sanction bowl ban years teams usually end up around .500 anyways. Which is what we were. if we had failed to get to bowl eligibility we could have been facing 1 more ban this year. With a team that is currently in the national title picture. I know we are a long shot to get there but just look at this as a 1 game playoff from here on out. If we manage to continue to win just 1 game at a time we will be sitting in the BCSCG

2) Sure we lost some recruits along the way. But golden's image has taken a huge PR swing into positive light because of the NCAA wrong doing. Golden looks like a saint, fighter and over achiever. He's considered to be a great coach. His career win percentage is .500 and he has 0 titles. All because he stood with Conviction and Dignity in the face of all this crap.

3) We don't lose any momentum moving forward that we've built. and thus we can keep skating!!!

Last edited:
You do realize that if former players had been willing to testify against us we would have gotten the worst penalties since SMU? Da U STOOD tall! because that's what we are about family and brotherhood. No one would say anything that could hurt a brother today. even though those guys don't know these new guys on a personal level.

We skated because
1) we didn't have a good team anyways. During sanction bowl ban years teams usually end up around .500 anyways. Which is what we were. if we had failed to get to bowl eligibility we could have been facing 1 more ban this year. With a team that is currently in the national title picture. I know we are a long shot to get their but just look at this as a 1 game playoff from here on out. If we manage to continue to win just 1 game at a time we will be sitting in the BCSCG

2) Sure we lost some recruits along the way. But golden's image has taken a huge PR swing into positive light because of the NCAA wrong doing. Golden looks like a saint, fighter and over achiever. He's considered to be a great coach. His career win percentage is .500 and he has 0 titles. All because he stood with Conviction and Dignity in the face of all this crap.

3) We don't lose any momentum moving forward that we've built. and thus we can keep skating!!!

Agree with all your points to an extent. In regards to #1/#2, who knows what our team would have looked like or how good we would be had we not lost out on recruits due to this cloud hanging over our heads for so long.

Honestly a few guys here and there not sure how much better the team would be right now. It's hard to say because we don't know which kids said they absolutely wouldn't come here without closure to the investigation. We can assume maybe a guy like Matthew Thomas but then every other report said he just wanted to get out of town. Also just talking about MT. I wonder how much of an impact he would have this year. FSU is playing a converted Safety at 6'1 218 at LB over Thomas.

Back in 2011 when I first read the report, I thought I might lose my Cane football forever. This penalty is the ultimated definition of skating, I couldn't be happier

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back