We Should've Hired Les Miles...

No coach has done less with more than Les Miles.

No one tops Mack Brown. LSU actually had to fight off other SEC bag dropping schools for recruits. Mack Brown basically could cherry pick all the recruits he wanted, with unlimited bags, and unlimited resources. And with all that he only managed to win one title, when he happened to have one of the best college QBs of all time.

Advertisement
I know someone who interviewed Les at Purdue a couple of years ago. He said that he came across as a nutcase in his interview. Les acted as if he invented college football. When asked about his offense at LSU, Les said Defense was the only thing that wins championships. He said offense didn’t matter. That was about it with Les & Purdue. Purdue knew Les wasn’t the man for the job.

Advertisement
Les miles butch Davis... not sure why people feel they need to minimize these guys as coaches .these guys are good coaches....davis was the last real coach Miami had.

The problem with the Richt hire was more on the Admin letting him hire his son and him thinking he could still be a competent OC. Had he hired a real OC/QB coach. Would've made a huge difference.

Not sold on Butch either.

At the end of the day. This program is cheap and the results of the hires show that. You can't win spending pennies in a market that demands gold bars.
I agree. If Richt had brought in a Lashlee, the program would have been rocking. He is an excellent head coach. He just couldn't do the OC thing, and hiring his son was a bad move.

Advertisement
I agree. If Richt had brought in a Lashlee, the program would have been rocking. He is an excellent head coach. He just couldn't do the OC thing, and hiring his son was a bad move.
Richt has looked out of it on the ACC Network.

His time has passed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back