We Should've Hired Les Miles...

Kevin, did you happen to see what he recruited at that basketball school, bunch o first rounders, best football team they've ever had imo. If he had not a benched those boys for the LSU game he woulda won, Damm near won anyway. You cannot tell me that since Birch left for that 5 mill that we have had a better coach here. You act like we can just get nearly anybody we want when the complete opposite is true. Let's look back since Butch. LC, soon as Butch's guys were gone he was done. RS, terrible hire. AG, great car salesman terrible HC. MR, was done before he got here. So yea give me BD over any those clowns. Out of the coaches who would actually wanna be here, BD is head and shoulders above all of em, unless you got somebody I dont know about

Correction: Butch did not create the best team UNC ever had. They went 10-2 under Mac and won 11 under Fedora. Butch didn’t break double digits at UNC. He can’t even break double digits in the C-USA. Lane and UAB’s coach pulled that off while inheriting worse teams

Advertisement
Kevin, did you happen to see what he recruited at that basketball school, bunch o first rounders, best football team they've ever had imo. If he had not a benched those boys for the LSU game he woulda won, Damm near won anyway. You cannot tell me that since Birch left for that 5 mill that we have had a better coach here. You act like we can just get nearly anybody we want when the complete opposite is true. Let's look back since Butch. LC, soon as Butch's guys were gone he was done. RS, terrible hire. AG, great car salesman terrible HC. MR, was done before he got here. So yea give me BD over any those clowns. Out of the coaches who would actually wanna be here, BD is head and shoulders above all of em, unless you got somebody I dont know about
U cant explain this to people man there fried and want to believe what they want to believe. I didnt even reply to him dog u cant teach people like that...they want to see what the want to see cause of a hatred or agenda

U cant explain this to people man there fried and want to believe what they want to believe. I didnt even reply to him dog u cant teach people like that...they want to see what the want to see cause of a hatred or agenda

Yet you can’t explain how Butch can’t win C-USA even though Lane did inheriting a worse team and UAB has won the conference even though they didn’t have a team two years ago. Butch is a has been. Even at UNC Butch never had a season like Mack or Fedora so he’s third on a basketball teams all time coach list.

Advertisement
We should've hired Butch after his NFL stint. We'd have at minimum two more titles by now.
Wow. I don't know how long ago wrote that, but I can say I haven't been on here for at least 3 months. Which is to say it's odd that you responded to this when I just happened to be around. Which is to say, get over it. I have nothing against Butch at all but stop it. If this were any other coach for any other team you'd think it was hilarious how fans keep banging on about how he's the answer 20 years later. Or at best, banging on about what might have been. Stop wasting your time fantasizing about a bygone talent, and start fantasizing about our up-coming-possibly-slightly-better-than-mediocre season like the rest of us.

bandwagon.gif

Advertisement
Wow. I don't know how long ago wrote that, but I can say I haven't been on here for at least 3 months. Which is to say it's odd that you responded to this when I just happened to be around. Which is to say, get over it. I have nothing against Butch at all but stop it. If this were any other coach for any other team you'd think it was hilarious how fans keep banging on about how he's the answer 20 years later. Or at best, banging on about what might have been. Stop wasting your time fantasizing about a bygone talent, and start fantasizing about our up-coming-possibly-slightly-better-than-mediocre season like the rest of us.

View attachment 130355

What are you talking about? I'm not fantasizing on the past or a what-could-of-been present. Butch is over the hill and not the answer now. I said after his NFL stint in 2004. #1 Coker should've been fired much earlier and Butch brought back or #2 Butch hired over Shannon in 2007. My #1 choice back then? No. Would we have suffered through Shannon, Golden, Richt, Diaz if we had said bygones be bygones with Butch after Coker? No. He was still an elite coach and evaluator back then.

Simply stating an opinion.

"Wow. I don't know how long ago wrote that, but I can say I haven't been on here for at least 3 months."

Posts are time and date stamped....

Advertisement

View attachment 130355
BUTCH MUTHAFUKIN DAVIS *******!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back