We should have offered Bobby Hart

Greene would look great on our roster, NoleMole. That kid is going to be a great one.

As for Linder he had one of the best freshman seasons I can remember a lineman having. He's just been bouncing around and going through some growing pains. He will be just fine and he was definitely one of the most heavily recruited linemen in the country. His name had been popping up everywhere from when he was a junior.

Advertisement
I'm kinda with you Swag. I'm really disappointed with him. Not saying he won't turn it around, but I just assumed that he'd make a nice leap forward this year.

BTW,I said this to able, but hiring Kehoe was just a huge huge mistake because not only does he have question marks, but he's the type of hire that say if Golden's not satisfied with him, it's not going to be easy to can him after a year or two. I really REALLY wish he would not have brought him back.

I agree with the above, except I don't think getting rid of Kehoe will be an issue. If Golden concludes that he's not doing a good job, I think he'll bounce Kehoe in a heartbeat. It's hard enough for Golden to build things back up without having to do so with an OL coach who's not getting it done.

As for Linder, he does seem to have taken a step backwards, but so has the rest of the OL. If the problem lies with Kehoe, Golden has enough experience in football to be able to identify it. And I think he'd act on it stat.

Golden thought he was set with Stoudtland at OL coach. Stoutland left in mid-January at a time when there weren't any other OL coaches to choose from. If not for these events, Kehoe wouldn't even be here. I don't think Golden hired Kehoe because he thinks Art is the greatest thing going. I think Golden hired him because he had no other choice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see Golden being heavily invested in Kehoe. And the administration sure isn't going to make getting rid of Art a difficult thing. So, I just don't see a unique problem getting rid of Kehoe. We'll see.......

Glad to see you made it over here PalyCane. Really appreciated your recent breakdown of 0-3 techniques over at canestimes. I think Art is the reason our OL is not playing up to their potential and that unless we see considerable improvement going forward Golden will replace him, even if it means doing so over the cries of a handful of alumni players.

I agree with the above, except I don't think getting rid of Kehoe will be an issue. If Golden concludes that he's not doing a good job, I think he'll bounce Kehoe in a heartbeat. It's hard enough for Golden to build things back up without having to do so with an OL coach who's not getting it done.

As for Linder, he does seem to have taken a step backwards, but so has the rest of the OL. If the problem lies with Kehoe, Golden has enough experience in football to be able to identify it. And I think he'd act on it stat.

Golden thought he was set with Stoudtland at OL coach. Stoutland left in mid-January at a time when there weren't any other OL coaches to choose from. If not for these events, Kehoe wouldn't even be here. I don't think Golden hired Kehoe because he thinks Art is the greatest thing going. I think Golden hired him because he had no other choice.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't see Golden being heavily invested in Kehoe. And the administration sure isn't going to make getting rid of Art a difficult thing. So, I just don't see a unique problem getting rid of Kehoe. We'll see.......

Glad to see you made it over here PalyCane. Really appreciated your recent breakdown of 0-3 techniques over at canestimes. I think Art is the reason our OL is not playing up to their potential and that unless we see considerable improvement going forward Golden will replace him, even if it means doing so over the cries of a handful of alumni players.

Thanks Bennubird. Really glad to see you over here as well.

I can see both sides here. I too have thought it will be hard for Golden to let Kehoe go. That said, I keep going back to what my buddy who is a high ranking NFL exec told me about Al Golden. (BTW I know people have told me they hate when I refer to my buddy like that but because of the fact that he gives me info that ends up on the interwebs, I never put his name out there). Al Golden is very well connected to the good old boy coaching network. I too think he will be able to not only replace Kehoe but upgrade that spot significantly.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back