We should have had a Spread Offense from the Start

My law partner is a Baylor guy. He's seen almost every play they've run in the last 25 years. He said when Briles was there, the run/pass ratio was very close to 50:50. That surprised me and he says it surprises most people. RBs love the offense too (not just receivers) because the scheme sets up a lot of 1 on 1s for the RBs. It's not strictly a passing offense. Far from it.

Another benefit of the Briles or Briles-esque offense is you have about 85-90 plays per game, rather than 60-65. 50% more plays, more touches, necessarily more catches, more runs, more yards, better stats, etc. The players love playing in it. The offense doesn't have 1 1,000 yard rusher. It has 2. It doesn't have 1 1,000 yard receiver. It has 3. That should be an easy sell for the "me" kids in south Florida who want to play for a winner and want to look real good doing it. Baylor did very well even after UT and TAMU took the best of the best in Texas.

The biggest problem with Briles' offense is you can't muscle for 1 or 2 yards. The OL never practices that type of blocking so they're not good at it. They practice tempo so much and get so good at it that they don't have time to do anything else. He didn't think Briles ever got that problem fixed. He means both Sr. and Jr. When Baylor was rockin' though, no one cared all that much that they couldn't muscle for 1 or 2 yards. The need doesn't arise that much.

Luckily we can't do that now, so no down side there.

Advertisement
If staph stays intact, they all need to go to multiple coaching clinics as students not as teachers. The clinics may not be enough for Rick. He may need coaching urgent care.

I disagree...UM aka NFLU is a pro style Culture and should remain that way. If we don't recruit or coach to that style then the lacking components, concepts, and coaches must go.

I disagree...UM aka NFLU is a pro style Culture and should remain that way. If we don't recruit or coach to that style then the lacking components, concepts, and coaches must go.
WTF is "pro style"?

Do you watch the NFL?
Most teams are utilizing concepts that came from the lower level.

I am all for spread, I like OSU and OU's versions because you still have the power run game. Just makes too much sense, find ways to get Thomas, Harley, Hightower, and cager on the field at the same time. We can still do different things with Jordan and Mallory as well but the box won't be packed with 9 defenders looking to stuff the run.

Advertisement
WTF is "pro style"?

Do you watch the NFL?
Most teams are utilizing concepts that came from the lower level.

No RPO b.s having a QB field general that that decipher defenses and make on the line judgment audibles, RUNNING form under center majority of the time (some utilization of FB) , Larger catch and block Y (T.E) more physical, discipline O line play and team overall. The team tends to be more balanced and utilizes P.A off the run. Variance of formations that compliment each and, leading to defensive guessing.

Here are a few links to get idea of pro style...IMO. Peep the ratios of successful teams with legit QBs in the backfield... they seem to be under center more, or at least have a more balanced ratio.
https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/snap-rates--shotgun-v-under-center--off-.html
https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...ats-the-difference-Florida-State-Oregon-Ducks

No RPO b.s having a QB field general that that decipher defenses and make on the line judgment audibles, RUNNING form under center majority of the time (some utilization of FB) , Larger catch and block Y (T.E) more physical, discipline O line play and team overall. The team tends to be more balanced and utilizes P.A off the run. Variance of formations that compliment each and, leading to defensive guessing.

Here are a few links to get idea of pro style...IMO. Peep the ratios of successful teams with legit QBs in the backfield... they seem to be under center more, or at least have a more balanced ratio.
https://www.sharpfootballstats.com/snap-rates--shotgun-v-under-center--off-.html
https://www.footballstudyhall.com/2...ats-the-difference-Florida-State-Oregon-Ducks

You do realize that majority of the NFL is running the spread right now, right? **** near every team in the NFL runs RPO's and they're doing it out of 10 and 11 personnel.

Advertisement
Back