We should be going after Gary Patterson...

Dirty Sprite

Band
Banned
Why isn't he on the short list?

Butch
Patterson
Strong
Jackson
.... are the 1st tier.

2nd tier.....
Herman
Fuente
Stoops

We should be going after the top guys before jumping the gun for Herman. Even though I would still be excited if we hired him though. This is just his 1st year as a head coach hasn't had enough time on the job imo.

Advertisement
Patterson would be a homerun hire but theres no indication he'd leave TCU with how they have played. If he were to jump ship it will probably be to USCw

We had our chance with Gary after Randy's firing, it's too late now, he would be crazy to leave TCU now for a rebuilding program

Advertisement
Best bet is if TCU gets left out of playoff again if he goes 12-0 or 11-1. That would be hard to take. Beyond a long shot but don't you at least call him?

I still make the call, even though like terd stated that ship has sailed. The worst that can happen is he says he's not interested. At least you put your toes in the water.

I agree that the best thing that could happen is TCU puts together a beast resume and STILL gets left out of the playoff. Perhaps that would drive him to look elsewhere. That's really the only scenario I see putting those wheels in motion. Problem is at that point you're waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

Advertisement

Butch
Patterson
Strong
Jackson
.... are the 1st tier.

2nd tier.....
Herman
Fuente
Stoops

We should be going after the top guys before jumping the gun for Herman. Even though I would still be excited if we hired him though. This is just his 1st year as a head coach hasn't had enough time on the job imo.

Why is Strong First Tier?

Advertisement
Our only hope (and it'd be slim) is that he has NFL aspirations and views winning here too as a path to a pro job. This would obviously require the rumor about the new willingness to spend money on our end to be true.

Butch
Patterson
Strong
Jackson
.... are the 1st tier.

2nd tier.....
Herman
Fuente
Stoops

Why is Strong First Tier?

I just think he has already done what ppl are praising Herman and Fuente for. He's already proven, Louisvill was a dominant football team and he already is starting to turn a true dumpster fire in Texas around slowly but surely. Would immediately have south Florida on lock and brings out the same energy and attitude out of the players as someone like Herman.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back