We self imposed 5 scholarships last year

Advertisement
That seems like a right number. Does this mean UM is expecting 15 over 3 years?

I think it means they are expecting a little more. People with knowledge of how the NCAA operates have said that you always under impose to give them room to look like they came down harder than expected.

Advertisement
At some point Im thinking that we're gonna self impose so much that we might just be able to go out and break a few more NCAA rules in the future and still have credits with the NCAA. lol

oh sh_it I forgot, we are still waiting for the NCAA. after the UF game I just stopped caring about whatever else happens.. ever.. with anything

At some point Im thinking that we're gonna self impose so much that we might just be able to go out and break a few more NCAA rules in the future and still have credits with the NCAA. lol

LOL. "Dear NCAA, we would like to cash in our 2 bowl bans for straight up paying for this new recruit."

This is GREAT. I can't see us getting more than 10 more ships prospectively.

Self imposing 5 ships, 2 bowls and 1 conf title game is beyond unprecedented.

Advertisement

I think it means they are expecting a little more. People with knowledge of how the NCAA operates have said that you always under impose to give them room to look like they came down harder than expected.

What?

Basically, they say don't self impose 10 if you really think you will get 10 because NCAA will then feel the need to add on even more to make it look like they really came down hard on you. They always say to leave room for the NCAA to add to the self imposed penalties.

Last edited:
Ok. We self-imposed about 5 scholarships last year...

Right now, I believe we have 76 scholarship players. We have 4 players that have been rumored to come in January (Derrick Griffin, Ryheem Lockley, Devonte Bond (if his grades are in order) and possibly Derosier (if he really exist). That'll give us 80 right there. This could mean that we're probably self-imposing another 5 scholarships for 2013...

Is my theory off or am I looking too deep into this thing?

Advertisement
No more self imposing.

No more Bowl Bans.

We're playing in the ACC Championship Game and in a Bowl this year.

If the NCAA say otherwise we should take them to court. I'm ******* sick of this ****.

What?

Basically, they say don't self impose 10 if you really think you will get 10 because NCAA will then feel the need to add on even more to make it look like they really came down hard on you. They always say to leave room for the NCAA to add to the self imposed penalties.

Based on that theory, we shouldn't have self imposed a 2nd bowl ban unless we were expecting 3. Ugghhh

The length of this investigation is really beyond ridiculous. I wonder what the second longest NCAA investigation was, and how much we have exceeded that.

Advertisement
Yeah I don't think that theory is too sound either. I concur that if that is the line of thinking we have another bowl ban coming our way. I can't possibly believe they will have the balls to do that with everything they have already done wrong not to mention what the COA is going thru right now and finding out its more filmsy than solid. If everything was clear and concise...we would have had our ruling already. I think the water was much more murkier than they thought it would be.

What?

Based on that theory, we shouldn't have self imposed a 2nd bowl ban unless we were expecting 3. Ugghhh

IMHO, self-imposing does not offer a solution, but a benchmark for the NCAA to add more to what you're willing to do... The NCAA ALWAYS tack on more to show you who's boss.

A lot of people believed the ruling would come out during UF week.
I know the NCAA doesn't like Miami but I doubt they are waiting for some "big event" to announce Miami's punishment to "get at" the school. I thought those post were funny.
When they are finished they will release it. I don't even worry about this any more. Just let me know the results of it all. Then I'll be one of two things. ****ed or ecstatic. They say any minute now and any day. Hopefully before the season ends we will hear something.

Still no word from the ncaa...

Now would be a great time. Not that it matters to them, of course.

Too good of a time for the NCAA. No way they would come out with the sanctions on a bye week. That said, the Ok St scandal is going to force them to get the Miami scandal finished.

Advertisement
Back