We play FIU in 5 minutes or nah?

I had forgotten just how bad they were. I’m a little surprised by the early 2016 power totals.
Ya, if I recall, Collins , Abreu, etc were slow starters. And Heyward never really produced the power everyone expected.

Advertisement
Interesting and thanks for the research, but we had a bad loss vs FAU in '20 vs the big win vs FIU last night. So, I wonder what the stats would look like w that one mid-week game outlier eliminated.

And sadly, the things we stink at (K's - 8.5 per game, losing to UF, base-running and defense) seem to be no different two years later. If those aren't corrected by now, hard to see how we'll feel any better about this year's team a few months from now. But, hope springs eternal.
Throwing out the last midweek game for each (not sure I want to. They should have played better!):
2022 .269 avg .386 OBP 7.4 runs
2020 .249 avg .372 OBP 6.3 runs

Del is doing a lot of work for that 2020 team batting .400 or better depending on the 11 or 12 game framing.

Last edited:
Interesting and thanks for the research, but we had a bad loss vs FAU in '20 vs the big win vs FIU last night. So, I wonder what the stats would look like w that one mid-week game outlier eliminated.

And sadly, the things we stink at (K's - 8.5 per game, losing to UF, base-running and defense) seem to be no different two years later. If those aren't corrected by now, hard to see how we'll feel any better about this year's team a few months from now. But, hope springs eternal.
Strikeout rate is remarkably consistent outside of 2018. Goes down about a K per game for our best offense teams and up one for 2017.

Strikeout rate is remarkably consistent outside of 2018. Goes down about a K per game for our best offense teams and up one for 2017.
Just seems too high, and ours also seems to come too frequently w runners in scoring position. I wonder what that stat is among other top programs.

Entirely possible. I was relying on WVUM tonight. Bad break for McFarlane either way. If you went, how did he look on the mound?
Better than expected after Sunday's performance. If it's not Palmquist or Walters out there I'm not exactly confident since every inning turns into a BB fest.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back