We Offered Dionte Mullins

Pretty sure I read this kid hates us.

His coach said he would be a cane lock but as he accumulated other big time offers it seems his interest went down

and not having a Canes offer didn't help ....just not sure why UM waited

They were busy taking Quentz Johnson's commitment to set up the decommitment they already knew about to really get momentum moving forward. Guys like Mullins were put on the back-burner.

You're going out of your way to make jokes about a recruiting situation involving a high school sophomore? You'd be the same person that if he committed today would talk about he has two years to change his mind.

Last edited:
Advertisement

His coach said he would be a cane lock but as he accumulated other big time offers it seems his interest went down

This is what happens when you off a stud late, but offer some schmuch joe brown

So you're buying the cane lock nonsense about a kid in south Florida? Never learn.

His coach has known the kid since he was 6 years old I don't buy anyone is a lock but that guy would know about just as much as his parents do of his preferences

Are you telling me the way a kid thought when we he was 12-13 years old now has changed when he is 15-16 years old after getting to see just a small piece of the what world has to offer? Couple that with his "dream school" waiting till May of his sophomore year to offer him and clearly this situation was bungled.

So you're buying the cane lock nonsense about a kid in south Florida? Never learn.

His coach has known the kid since he was 6 years old I don't buy anyone is a lock but that guy would know about just as much as his parents do of his preferences

Are you telling me the way a kid thought when we he was 12-13 years old now has changed when he is 15-16 years old after getting to see just a small piece of the what world has to offer? Couple that with his "dream school" waiting till May of his sophomore year to offer him and clearly this situation was bungled.

No I'm not telling you that. I think once we start recruiting Mullins again the interest will come back. Mullins was just mad he was getting other offers and didn't get an offer at the miami camp. With tmac, he got an offer, but we don't recruit him as hard as other schools (by choice). If we recruit Mullins hard the interest will come back. Mullins has some people around him pro-Miami as well.

And even if he moved on from Miami I wouldn't think it was weird. We've seen situations like that happen numerous times. Other schools have more to offer at the moment (no I'm not talking about money)

Kids another stud but seriously iits like Sam Bruce we have sooooooooooooo long to worry about him so why stress now?

Advertisement

Yeah, did we visit him at his junior high (I guess they call that middle school now)? They should be pulling kids out of geography class in 8th grade to meet with Barrow and Coley. When I was in junior high, it would have been like the president visiting if coaches from the U showed up. It will be great when 8th graders call a press conference to announce their commitment.

Advertisement

No I'm not telling you that. I think once we start recruiting Mullins again the interest will come back. Mullins was just mad he was getting other offers and didn't get an offer at the miami camp. With tmac, he got an offer, but we don't recruit him as hard as other schools (by choice). If we recruit Mullins hard the interest will come back. Mullins has some people around him pro-Miami as well.

And even if he moved on from Miami I wouldn't think it was weird. We've seen situations like that happen numerous times. Other schools have more to offer at the moment (no I'm not talking about money)

That's right. I've been watching this stuff for almost thirty years, and I can tell you it's not static.

and not having a Canes offer didn't help ....just not sure why UM waited

They were busy taking Quentz Johnson's commitment to set up the decommitment they already knew about to really get momentum moving forward. Guys like Mullins were put on the back-burner.

You sound dumb as ****

Advertisement

Come on man... You may not agree with the offer but let's not single a young kid out man...

We treat Scholarships like gold till signing day. Mullins and the 2 other studs from GP should of been offered earlier. No way a team out of state should be before UM

No doubt in my mind Mullins should have been offered way earlier. this kid has been a legend in the youth league circuit for a while and tore it up at GP. He should have been drawing strong UM interest since he was in 9th grade. I sure hope we weren't dragging it out with this kid.

Advertisement

Come on man... You may not agree with the offer but let's not single a young kid out man...

We treat Scholarships like gold till signing day. Mullins and the 2 other studs from GP should of been offered earlier. No way a team out of state should be before UM

I get what you're saying but Joe Brown is a cane... Lets not rip him now... What year is Mullins? We still have until NSD.

we are like the new GT

A shadow of our old self.

Don't seem to have any spark with big recruits at all anymore.

We need to start showing we can get players drafted high again. I seriously think that is an issue. All these kids go to school to make it to the league. We were the NFL factory. We are not any more. That is the truth.

Last edited:
[video=youtube_share;9S5XUHvaJ0Y]http://youtu.be/9S5XUHvaJ0Y[/video]

[video=youtube_share;ToV9rNEJFGo]http://youtu.be/ToV9rNEJFGo[/video]

[video=youtube_share;9RJFehp5bbw]http://youtu.be/9RJFehp5bbw[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back