We Now Know

Swampcity

All American
What type team we have. That performance last night was reminiscent of true Cane fight! The Defense played fast and furious. The Offense was Big Play galore!

Imagine what will happen with continued recruiting and Portal upgrades. Shout-out to the Players, Coordinators and Crowd at the Rock!

Advertisement
What type team we have. That performance last night was reminiscent of true Cane fight! The Defense played fast and furious. The Offense was Big Play galore!

Imagine what will happen with continued recruiting and Portal upgrades. Shout your to the Players, Coordinators and Crowd at the Rock!

Showed a lot of grit and resilience after gifting them 14.

What a statement from THIS team, because in years past, they'd have folded.

I go back to being very pleased when Schellenburger, so I've seen a lot of UM football.

I used to get so mad when we had our great teams - and I recall almost every team - not every game - but at times we went out there in the first half and crapped the bed - just playing like we were saving our energy for something I had no idea of.

I can't tell you the times some of our greatest teams - had to pull off some real magic in the last moments of the game.

We were blocked out by the Notre **** team game - and I was reading the comments - and thought "here we go again. I think we need to settle in -" and discussed it with my son who came over to watch the game with me.

That's the fingerprint of our best teams! No reason on earth for what we would see early in the game - and could not find the reason for them to turn it up during the latter part of the game.

And that's why I didn't get upset at all - and was thrilled to see THIS team was somewhat acting just like our other GREAT teams.

I know. Makes no sense whatsoever . . . but it was a true flashback.

Advertisement
I have no idea how this season will turn out. Nobody does. Mario would be the first to tell you this, the depth is not yet what it needs to be nor what it will be. So if the injury bug hits, we could have some holes. But I will say this….

It’s been a LONG time since a Miami team simply out physicalled an opponent of that caliber like that. A LONG time. Every big hit was a Miami kid crunching an A&M kid. Every tackle was physical and tough. There were very few shoestring tackles or kids tripping. We made contact, violently, and people went to the ground. The OL was simply incredible. We physically beat that team up yesterday on both sides of the ball. Weigman is sore as **** today, I guarantee you that. And TVD is probably having a mimosa on key biscayne before an afternoon round. So, so refreshing to see. This was what Mario envisioned. Long, long way to go. But you can see the blueprint. ACC teams don’t usually just smack SEC teams in the mouth, physically. We did yesterday and it was glorious to watch.

Tyson said, “Everybody’s got a plan until you get punched in the mouth.” Well, our two coordinators had a plan, we got up off the mat and executed. Beautiful thing.

One game at a time. Got a big W can’t let our foot off the gas and put up a dud the next few weeks. (Even if we win) just can’t be looking all sloppy.

The response to a big win like this the next few weeks will tell me a lot about this team.

Advertisement
One game at a time. Got a big W can’t let our foot off the gas and put up a dud the next few weeks. (Even if we win) just can’t be looking all sloppy.

The response to a big win like this the next few weeks will tell me a lot about this team.
C'mon man, enjoy this win! You are allowed to enjoy it 😎

I go back to being very pleased when Schellenburger, so I've seen a lot of UM football.

I used to get so mad when we had our great teams - and I recall almost every team - not every game - but at times we went out there in the first half and crapped the bed - just playing like we were saving our energy for something I had no idea of.

I can't tell you the times some of our greatest teams - had to pull off some real magic in the last moments of the game.

We were blocked out by the Notre **** team game - and I was reading the comments - and thought "here we go again. I think we need to settle in -" and discussed it with my son who came over to watch the game with me.

That's the fingerprint of our best teams! No reason on earth for what we would see early in the game - and could not find the reason for them to turn it up during the latter part of the game.

And that's why I didn't get upset at all - and was thrilled to see THIS team was somewhat acting just like our other GREAT teams.

I know. Makes no sense whatsoever . . . but it was a true flashback.
"Great teams aren't always great, they're just great when they have to be". - John Facenda.

Imagine what will happen with continued recruiting and Portal upgrades. Shout-out to the Players, Coordinators and Crowd at the Rock!
Too some here it gives Mario another week’s reprieve till the Lane Kiffin bat signal goes up again and again and again .

GOCANES

Advertisement

It was a good win. I am still a little gun shy about making huge proclamations about where this program is but at the least everyone should feel good about the trajectory. There is a lot of qualities this team looks to possess that hasn't been in our DNA for a long-assed time. Things like perserverance through adversity, coaching competency and football IQ, individual responsibility for each players own health and conditioning. I am sold on the Cristobal Era but I would like to see more of these attributes on display before we stake our place in the national relevance conversation.

I will start to feel like we've had our long-awaited breakthrough when; (1) the Canes can bring the same success we saw yesterday on the road; and, (2) witnessing how this team deals with the temptation of being complacent in the presence of success.

Of the teams left on the schedule, is there a better DL than A&M’s? That DL is loaded. This team goes as far as the OL takes it. It’s hard to take away the run and the pass. They schemed to take away the run, and Dawson adjusted. TVD showing out will give DC’s a lot to think about. Miami still hasn’t used the TE’s that much. When Arroyo gets healthy, he will be a huge addition.

Advertisement
Of the teams left on the schedule, is there a better DL than A&M’s? That DL is loaded. This team goes as far as the OL takes it. It’s hard to take away the run and the pass. They schemed to take away the run, and Dawson adjusted. TVD showing out will give DC’s a lot to think about. Miami still hasn’t used the TE’s that much. When Arroyo gets healthy, he will be a huge addition.
FSU has better speed edge rushers, clemson is supposed to have a good dline but that might be more on name than actual established guys..

I have no idea how this season will turn out. Nobody does. Mario would be the first to tell you this, the depth is not yet what it needs to be nor what it will be. So if the injury bug hits, we could have some holes. But I will say this….

It’s been a LONG time since a Miami team simply out physicalled an opponent of that caliber like that. A LONG time. Every big hit was a Miami kid crunching an A&M kid. Every tackle was physical and tough. There were very few shoestring tackles or kids tripping. We made contact, violently, and people went to the ground. The OL was simply incredible. We physically beat that team up yesterday on both sides of the ball. Weigman is sore as **** today, I guarantee you that. And TVD is probably having a mimosa on key biscayne before an afternoon round. So, so refreshing to see. This was what Mario envisioned. Long, long way to go. But you can see the blueprint. ACC teams don’t usually just smack SEC teams in the mouth, physically. We did yesterday and it was glorious to watch.
Absolutely right. I was hopeful when the OL demolished Miami (OH), but to physically dominate the A&M line as well shows they're for real.

Having an OC that will adjust based on the what the D is giving instead of stubbornly sticking with the run and having a DC who has a knack of knowing when to blitz and more importantly, where to blitz from (not from 10 yards behind the LOS) is reason for optimism as well. Although, I understand playcalling success varies in each game, it has at least been a solid start.

Advertisement
Back