We need to get some of whatever North Dakota State has.

Here’s a newsflash for u..... the UM program that you’re thinking of... the one that could compete with anyone in the Nation ... that program doesn’t exist anymore. UM is a bottom tier ACC program.

FIU beat Miami. So yea.. my money would be on NDSU if they played today.

Oh they'll probably beat a Diaz coached Miami team, which wasn't my point, but they have very few players that can play for Miami...P...E...R...I...O...D...!...!...!

Advertisement
Exactly. That's the standard. The announcers said the players, coaches, and culture is perfection. Perfection in every detail.

Makes complete sense. If you're perfect at every detail, you're going to win and continue the dynasty.

Our problem is that the coaches don't demand perfection. I'm not even talking X's and O's. I'm talking about the mindset and the attitude.

Weak minded players need to be shown the door regardless of position.
Weak coaches need to go first!

What are the rules regarding FCS to FBS transfers- can they play immediately? The QB, Trey Lance, is a RS Freshman and won the award for best offensive player in FCS. Can a FBS coach contact a FCS player to gauge interest in a transfer?

Only if in the portal. Also he chose them over an North Illinois offer. They hav a bunch of guys with FBS offers starting from them...and their moly whopping teams with maybe a handful of guys that had fbs looks

Advertisement
Their players are 100% committed to winning. It's a completely different culture, they would never dance while losing on the sidelines.
Dancing while losing sure sign “ go through the motions “ syndrome is at peak infestation.
It e will take a couple years to deficate these players out

Advertisement
Yeah. But I’m not sure any Power 5 coach could lose to Wagner. They were 1-11 last year. We’d be something like 43 point favorites over them at home according to Sagarin.

You seem to think that being a 43 point favorite will keep Manny from being able of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I used to believe that too

As Manny would say "Stand back and watch him work "

Seems FIU, LaT, Duke etc etc did not prove to you that there's really NO DEPTH limit to which Manny cannot drag down this team.

His performance has made me a believer that he can go far lower

I'm curious what the staying power will be with the new coach. They were just some team like 10ish years ago and then they went ape ****.

So we're talking about the best team in FCS and a machine at that level—doing it even better than Alabama does in Division I—and we're gonna wonder why a Miami program that's been in the toilet for 15 years isn't "finding a way" to get it done like this well-oiled machine, based solely on the fact UM was something in the eighties, when it gamed the system and had more talent / speed than everyone else, but the rest eventually caught up. Got it.

Why not ask why Miami isn't as solid an organization as the Patriots over the past two decades, as well.

A few poster already mentioned it, the kids that go there are not prima donnas who only care about their stats and IG account. They have a different mentality and culture that they all buy in to.
**** impressive if you ask me.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd like to see them move up to FBS, they would be an interesting team in the Mountain West conference.

I used to live in North Dakota, God help me, and I know a lot of NDSU guys still. The problem and the reason they haven't moved up yet is travel. It would cost so much money to get, say, the women's basketball team to Boise or Wyoming even (let alone Nevada) for conference games that it's just not cost effective for the school. And nobody wants to travel to Fargo for an away game =P

Don't forget that the Bakken Formation and subsequent oil boom has made Norh Dakota a wealthy state...$$$ makes winning a lot easier.

Advertisement
LOL, Jabril Cox is the only player on that roster that can play for us, LOL @ y'all slurpin' NDSU.

NDSU?...really???
This is laughable. I have been a life long Miami fan, and am a current NDSU season ticket holder. Funny story, there was two guys from Fort Lauderdale that I met at the FCS Championship this past weekend. Both season ticket holders to Miami. We discussed everything under the sun about the two programs. One thing that stuck out to me from our discussion was looking at QB play alone between the two programs? NDSU has had two quarterbacks drafted in the last 5 years. Wentz in 2016 in the 1st and Stick in the 5th in 2019. Miami had Kaaya, who isn't even in the league anymore. NDSU's current QB is a freshman that just won the Heisman of the FCS level and might be better then the previous two that were drafted.

Offensive line play is the key to NDSU's success. They DEVELOP, reload, and compete at that position. NDSU does not recruit heavy lineman. They sign kids 6'4" to 6'7" that weigh between 240-270. NDSU's plan is simple and works for them. They recruit an area rich in big farm kids that are under recruited, develop them. They play with a chip on their shoulder.

Jabril Cox would walk in and start at a majority of FBS schools. I will give you that

There a shark in a small pond. They should have jumped to FBS years ago. They're scared to play against the big boys.
Sorry buddy, this is false. They aren't scared to play the big boys.
A) They are a land grant school that is state funded.
B) There is no geographical fit for all sports at the university. They can't afford to join the Mountain West. The MAC does nothing for their fan base playing on Tuesday, Wednesday nights. I will say the fan base is craving for more, but the MAC won't be it.
C) They have won every FBS game they have played in since 2010. That includes a Kansas St team that took us to the woodshed in 2012. Number 13 Iowa in 2016. They have beat Iowa St, Minnesota, Colorado St, Ball St, CMU, and Kansas. They start the 2020 season against Oregon. Also, I understand if they had to play a full FBS schedule the results could be different.
D) Why not be the big shark in a small pond? If they were to move up they would never win a national title ever again.

At QB, we'd be better off taken the NDSU recruiting rejects than what we've been recruiting. I'm sure there are plenty of superior QBs playing in the "lesser" Division than we currently have on our roster.

The disparity is ridiculous. I’d be interested to see them move up to the Next level. That would be a tough place to play and a interesting home field advantage

Advertisement
Back