We need to capitalize now...

5XNC

Senior
If it's butch, just announce butch now. We ended the season 4-1, can get to 9 wins, have a lot of positive momentum. Making a hire, the right hire, now, will have someone like butch out building on our momentum telling recruits we are a few top players away. Make a splash now.

Advertisement
If it's butch, just announce butch now. We ended the season 4-1, can get to 9 wins, have a lot of positive momentum. Making a hire, the right hire, now, will have someone like butch out building on our momentum telling recruits we are a few top players away. Make a splash now.

48 hours max

If it's butch, just announce butch now.

+1

I agree. If it's Butch, announce it soon. He can recruit. Show up at the bowl game. Him and staff can have a presence at the FL HS Football Championships coming up soon. (Its a dead period but at every exit\entrance to the field, you can see coaches just smiling and waiving)

If it's butch, just announce butch now.

+1

I agree. If it's Butch, announce it soon. He can recruit. Show up at the bowl game. Him and staff can have a presence at the FL HS Football Championships coming up soon. (Its a dead period but at every exit\entrance to the field, you can see coaches just smiling and waiving)

Can all his 1st round picks be starting next to him?

Advertisement
Butch would be an enormous splash. Just hearing the guy who coached at the U the last time it was great is back would get a lot of recruits really excited.

Advertisement
The thread was qualified with an 'IF' franchise. Patterson and Kelly might be a better call, but the thread states 'If its Butch...'

I disagree. I'm in favor of Butch but there is no rush IMO. They should wait at least a week or two to see what shakes out at LSU & Texas. Too important of hire, we're already behind the 8ball in recruiting. A week or two is not going to make a big difference. They should be focused on finding the right guy for the longterm not worrying about who will lock up the most recruitis in late November, early December.

If you make a decision, no need to wait. We have two weeks before a month of blackout. if a coach can start recruiting it's an advantage Blake will want to take.

Of course if it's Butch they should and would announce now.

.....which is why they haven't, b/c he isn't getting this job.

Advertisement
Butch wouldn't be a splash.

He's be a splash to the old UM fans living in the past.

ding ding ding.... Ahahah. There are some that would seriously take Butch over Mullen. Butch has done jack all for 15 years. Good job at putting UNC on probation. Oh I know... It wasnt Butch's fault. BS..... Mullen has just been coaching at Miss St and doing a **** of a job. But no, we want Butch........hAHAHAHAH

Advertisement
I disagree. I'm in favor of Butch but there is no rush IMO. They should wait at least a week or two to see what shakes out at LSU & Texas. Too important of hire, we're already behind the 8ball in recruiting. A week or two is not going to make a big difference. They should be focused on finding the right guy for the longterm not worrying about who will lock up the most recruitis in late November, early December.
Two weeks stand to lose Jack Allison Zach McCloud and Pat Bethel

I personally think they waiting to interview Mullen, then we should knw at least by next Tuesday or Wednesday

Butch he comin

Advertisement
Back