We need a Portal TE, Who is it gonna be?

Canefam

Senior
Are these dudes any good?

1703177094467.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
We do need a portal TE. Can't rely on the senior citizen, injury prone Arroyo, and Williams. I think Carver is a year or two away and Kenny Lofton is a true fresh.

If we are tight on spots, i don't see them using one for a portal TE, but could be wrong.

QB-Ward, Howard, or Jefferson
WR-Evan Stewart type outside stud
OL-If a stud interior hit portal
S-Need another good one here IMO

Advertisement
We do need a portal TE. Can't rely on the senior citizen, injury prone Arroyo, and Williams. I think Carver is a year or two away and Kenny Lofton is a true fresh.

I think we do too.

We have two "X-factors" at the TE spot, as I see it, given that everyone thinks Riley will make measured improvement through spring and into fall camp for next season:

1) Can Arroyo be (and stay) healthy, since he is a difference maker at the position, and
2) Can you accelerate the pace of Carver's development, as his potential upside is off the charts

Answers to 1 and 2 affect the thinking about portal TE

Advertisement
A healthy Arroyo changes this offense... to me he's one of if not the most important piece on offense (besides QB)... I think we missed him a LOT this year ..

Advertisement
Not counting on Arroyo to be healthy. At this point anything he can give is a bonus. Riley Williams looked good for a freshman but I don't know if they're going to approve McCormick's waiver for a 17th year of college. Besides he should NOT be a starting tight end at Miami. When Arroyo gets hurt again and Mc Cormick gets a waiver denied, are we just rolling with Riley Willams and freshmen who haven't played a snap?

Not counting on Arroyo to be healthy. At this point anything he can give is a bonus. Riley Williams looked good for a freshman but I don't know if they're going to approve McCormick's waiver for a 17th year of college. Besides he should NOT be a starting tight end at Miami. When Arroyo gets hurt again and Mc Cormick gets a waiver denied, are we just rolling with Riley Willams and freshmen who haven't played a snap?
I don’t think McCormick needs a waiver. He came in with 2 years of eligibility. Funny after next season (final) it will be 9 years in college for him.

I don’t think McCormick needs a waiver. He came in with 2 years of eligibility. Funny after next season (final) it will be 9 years in college for him.
I thought I saw that he was applying for a waiver for another year but I could be mistaken.

I thought I saw that he was applying for a waiver for another year but I could be mistaken.
Might just be a formality. I looked up the original transfer, they said he had two years. The two years was accepted by the PAC-12, but he has to reapply for it in the ACC. I see the waiver as a formality, since another conference already gave the 9th year

Advertisement
Back