We need 3 wins to feel safe

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
I'm not happy right now, but we are where we are. I don't care where we get those 3 wins from, because I just want in the tourney at this point. Without Bruce, this is a very flawed team. With him, this is a flawed team (without him, very). We're 18-8, 7-7. We have 4 games left (@ND, BC, @UNC, VT). All winnable, but all, obviously, games we can lose. Either go 3-1, or 2-2 and win a first round ACCT and we get in without sweating on selection Sunday. I'm done fighting with posters on here, I'm done analyzing this team, etc. This has been one of the most frustrating seasons in a long time. In a way, it reminds me of Jack's senior year, after we made the NCAAs and everyone thought we'd be good again, and we fell flat on our faces. Hopefully this team can at least make the tourney. We were a sure bet a week ago, projected as a 5 seed. Now, obviously, we're inching towards the bubble.

Advertisement
What are the chances Lonnie and Chris come back next year? That's what makes this so frustrating if it's are only chance with them

Advertisement
Chris isn't going anywhere, barring a miracle he will be a 4 year player. Teams don't use lottery picks on guys that are 5-6 inches shorter than **** near everyone else on the floor. What's funny about this season is that despite **** near everything going wrong for this team, they are two home wins and an extremely winnable road game away from having 10 conference wins, and still making it to the Dance. By the way, if it does happen, it would be historic, for Miami has never advanced to the NCAAT three consecutive years, if my media guide is anywhere near accurate.

Given the last 3 games. Given that we haven't played well since @ VT. Given that we're regressing as the season progresses. We're going to struggle to win 2 of our next 4.

I am not concerned with our opponents, I am concerned with us and that starts at the top. I don't know if Coach has lost his drive or his passion but he has to finish this season strong. He has to regain whatever it was/is because this team is lost.

Advertisement
If he had a plan for beating the zone we would have seen it yesterday. His plan is defense and hot 3 point shooting. Maybe we get hot and win a couple more but its pointless we do not belong in the NCAA this season

Nba doesn’t draft on numbers. They draft on potential.
True enough but Lonnie may find that all he does for the next couple years is sit on the bench. That is often the story for first rounders who are drafted mainly on "potential."

Given the last 3 games. Given that we haven't played well since @ VT. Given that we're regressing as the season progresses. We're going to struggle to win 2 of our next 4.

I am not concerned with our opponents, I am concerned with us and that starts at the top. I don't know if Coach has lost his drive or his passion but he has to finish this season strong. He has to regain whatever it was/is because this team is lost.

We went from winning 3 in a row to losing 3 in a row. It changed seemingly in an instant at BC.

So it can change right back.

Split the road games (ND and UNC) and win at home (BC and VT).

We have a chance to lose every game the way we're playing. Hopefully, as I said, we can find 3 wins somewhere. And, Lonnie is gone as all projections have him from 11-18. Bruce is probably gone too as projections haven't changed much after the injury.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back