We must keep athletes on the edge at all TIMES!

Cane passion

Sophomore
I’m sorry but I don’t wanna see patchen at defensive end versus this athletic quarterback this week in space. He just doesn’t have the foot speed to make a play on him vs zone read, sprint out or QB boot. Thoughts?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because of the way we rotate our DL, you'll see #71 in there for about 1/3 of the defensive snaps.
Healthy dose of Greg and Garvin, to start. Hill and Patchnn rotating in.
On the inside, Silvera and Miller will definitely get their reps, too.
That's just the nature of the beast.

I think a big part of the problem is we stunt our DE's and the linebackers are slow to set the edge.
If they are gonna stunt DE’s sub out one of the backers for a safety type of kid that can run and has speed to midi gate the QBs speed to the edge

Don't have to be super fast to set the edge. We controlled UF and Virginia QBs with Patchan setting the edge. Run defense from DE won't be an issue no matter who we put out there. **** GT gashed us up the middle, not the edge.

Advertisement
Don't have to be super fast to set the edge. We controlled UF and Virginia QBs with Patchan setting the edge. Run defense from DE won't be an issue no matter who we put out there. **** GT gashed us up the middle, not the edge.
Dude this week he will get smoked on the edge go watch film and NO you don’t have to be super fast but fast enough and patchen is neither. And the QB this week is way faster than Felipe franks with more wiggle. And as for Virginia patchen didn’t get to many reps. And lastly we were horrible on the edge in GT especially Garvin who got reached on outside runs several times. At least Garvin has the speed to recover after being reached patchen doesn’t.

Couldn't agree more, but Patchan deserves some credit. I watched the game for the 3rd time today and on 2 of those reverse passes, Scott dropped back in coverage and had Hornibeck covered both time. He was doing his job

Couldn't agree more, but Patchan deserves some credit. I watched the game for the 3rd time today and on 2 of those reverse passes, Scott dropped back in coverage and had Hornibeck covered both time. He was doing his job
As fans we tend to be ball watchers and just hype up the guys that make the pick, sack, TFL. In reality, however, for those big plays to happen everyone on the field needs to do their job.

I’m sorry but I don’t wanna see patchen at defensive end versus this athletic quarterback this week in space. He just doesn’t have the foot speed to make a play on him vs zone read, sprint out or QB boot. Thoughts?

Patch is a really good athlete. You underselling him bc he’s white? Lol

Advertisement

Usually athletic qb's are faster than the front four. What we need is what we brought versus fsu, a two deep that kicked ***. Canes will whoop the Cardinals ***

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back