We May Actually Be Polishing the Sneaker

Going forward there will be some successful passing concepts added from last year's offense to this year's offense. TVD alluded to this in his post practice interview. So it'll be interesting to see what those wrinkles are, I'm thinking a flurry of RPOs and deep shots
360_F_240960349_Wj11xEAUv6yB57BLQldodITQoo3Nm2o8.jpeg

Advertisement
For all the issues that Mario's preferences on offense may bring us over the years, him immediately coming in and fixing this OL injects some very real hope in me that he won't end up a disaster like any of our previous 20 years of coaches. High level OL play is a very real foundation you can build upon and should give us a very high floor year in and year out in the kindergarten coastal.

Now once we make our move to the Big 10 or SEC though...

Everybody's upset because we came so close and have nobody to blame but ourselves for that loss. But I think you've nailed it. We got some really good play from some unexpected sources and that's something to be happy about. Having seen the OL, DL, and at least one CB who shall remain nameless, play better than I thought they were capable of is encouraging.

I don't know what the final record will be, but this is an 8-4 team. Between the talent we have and our struggles as a program, that's just where we are. We might luck into more or less, but that's what we've got right now. Anybody still whining is just a child.
With the schedule we have, there's no reason we can't win all games besides Clemson.

I never thought Pitt or Virginia were going to be strong this season.

Advertisement
I am confused, pretty much everyone agrees our WR's can't catch a cold, but everyone wants a different offense than what we have seen. I see "throw this guy in or that guy and see what they can do" but I have to trust in the coaching staff that those guys you want to see are on the bench because they are not even as good as the guys you are already disappointed in.

With the schedule we have, there's no reason we can't win all games besides Clemson.

I never thought Pitt or Virginia were going to be strong this season.
I don’t know why nobody can understand this, but here we go again.

We have an imperfect team this year, and imperfect teams lose to teams they shouldn’t have a problem with. It doesn’t matter that we have more talent, we’re going to lose to at least one team we’re better than. Again. So for the 8,000th time, there may be no reason we should lose to any of those teams, but we will.

A lot of people are bickering over the wrong thing. You have people defending mario/gattis for that abortion of an offensive performance on Saturday. Then, you have the others who are not happy about that.

In the end, they let a game slip away because of a lack of execution, and super conservative play calling. Mario has always been way too conservative, and he brought in a play caller who is the same way.

I don’t know why anybody is even arguing about this. This is what we’re going to get. Vanilla offenses that will work when we have substantially more talent and can bully the opposing defenses
So kinda like Georgia?

Advertisement
This is a 3 year project folks…at minimum. We have been the definition of mediocre for over a decade. We had CFB by the balls and let it go or it passed us by. Facilities, nutrition, S&C, coaching/recruiting infrastructure, local relationships, talent, depth, winning culture, everything is subpar in terms of what we need to get to where we want to be. Mario and company are having to build this thing from the ground up. A lot of the things we are changing won’t show on the field immediately Recruiting the level of talent we want across all units with depth takes time.

That said, we do have a team, coaches and a job to do. It’s well within reason to question players, coaches, schemes, call for adjustments etc and beat the teams we are supposed to beat. But it’s unfortunately going to take a little more patience and time than some of the fanbase wants. There will be more bumps in the road other than ATM. Mistakes will be made. It won’t be easy. But I feel like we will get there now that everyone involved seems committed to doing it right this time Let’s not jump off a bridge 3 games in.

This is the most exciting time to be a Cane fan in over a decade.

I don’t know why nobody can understand this, but here we go again.

We have an imperfect team this year, and imperfect teams lose to teams they shouldn’t have a problem with. It doesn’t matter that we have more talent, we’re going to lose to at least one team we’re better than. Again. So for the 8,000th time, there may be no reason we should lose to any of those teams, but we will.
So every single team college football is imperfect. (TERRIBLE ANALOGY)

There's a reason why there will always be the debate on who's the ALL TIME best, from one decade to the next.

I, personally think we're better than you think, and your reasoning would lead one to believe that there are other teams on our schedule that are that much better.

I agree Clemson is an issue...and like I said in another post, VA Tech defense might be an issue....but outside of that, our scheduled opponents are not good.

I am still feeling 10-2. But since your kryptonite, you should roll with your pessimistic opinions.

I guess I'm more of an optimist.

A lot of people are bickering over the wrong thing. You have people defending mario/gattis for that abortion of an offensive performance on Saturday. Then, you have the others who are not happy about that.

In the end, they let a game slip away because of a lack of execution, and super conservative play calling. Mario has always been way too conservative, and he brought in a play caller who is the same way.

I don’t know why anybody is even arguing about this. This is what we’re going to get. Vanilla offenses that will work when we have substantially more talent and can bully the opposing defenses
There’s a reason why the Joe Brady, Briles, and Dorsey rumors never came to fruition.

No OC worth his salt was gonna come work under a HC that was gonna want to force them to implement this kind of offense. At the same time, I’m sure that Mario is set in his ways regarding what his vision of a dominant offense at Miami is, even if in my opinion, he is seriously gonna hurt his legacy if he continues down the same path.

Let’s hope that he somehow has an epiphany and hires a modern pass offense analyst that can install some concepts that will allow for TVD and our playmakers to flourish.

Advertisement
So every single team college football is imperfect. (TERRIBLE ANALOGY)

There's a reason why there will always be the debate on who's the ALL TIME best, from one decade to the next.

I, personally think we're better than you think, and your reasoning would lead one to believe that there are other teams on our schedule that are that much better.

I agree Clemson is an issue...and like I said in another post, VA Tech defense might be an issue....but outside of that, our scheduled opponents are not good.

I am still feeling 10-2. But since your kryptonite, you should roll with your pessimistic opinions.

I guess I'm more of an optimist.
My reasoning very much did not lead me to believe there are better teams on the schedule. There is only one better team on the schedule, and that's exactly what I said. If you aren't going to read the post, don't bother to reply. And when we lose to GT or some other sh*t team, just assume I'm off somewhere saying I told you so.

There’s a reason why the Joe Brady, Briles, and Dorsey rumors never came to fruition.

No OC worth his salt was gonna come work under a HC that was gonna want to force them to implement this kind of offense. At the same time, I’m sure that Mario is set in his ways regarding what his vision of a dominant offense at Miami is, even if in my opinion, he is seriously gonna hurt his legacy if he continues down the same path.

Let’s hope that he somehow has an epiphany and hires a modern pass offense analyst that can install some concepts that will allow for TVD and our playmakers to flourish.
The one thing I'll say is that he's focused on the lines, and that can take you a long way. If we have to have a coach who puts his philosophy above what works with the tools he has, at least he's focused on the right part of the team.

The one thing I'll say is that he's focused on the lines, and that can take you a long way. If we have to have a coach who puts his philosophy above what works with the tools he has, at least he's focused on the right part of the team.
Mario didn’t win 10 games and 12 games in a conference that is at minimum equal to the ACC by accident.

He’ll get there here. It was always going to take time, but after 20 years of sucking none of us want to wait. He’s a program builder and that how his teams win.

It was always my hope that we win the Coastal this year, I’ll be disappointed if we don’t. But I’ve always seen a scenario that we are once again 5-3 in conference.

Advertisement
My reasoning very much did not lead me to believe there are better teams on the schedule. There is only one better team on the schedule, and that's exactly what I said. If you aren't going to read the post, don't bother to reply. And when we lose to GT or some other sh*t team, just assume I'm off somewhere saying I told you so.
Calm down cupcake

It's not an assumption, it's an opinion.

Like I said, I'm optimistic

I personally do not have an issue with conservative, but its definitely the execution that kills me. If theres a lack of execution on the practice field...its going to ******* translate. Everything I read through Fall camp was a lack of execution and chemistry between the QB and WR's, but we just didnt do enough to fix that.

I thought the plays that were called were boring, but they could have won us the game if we execute.

The majority of college football fans out there want high powered, high scoring offenses. Conservative, methodical offenses can be dominant too, just not as exciting. The SEC and Saban's of the world thrived off of that for years (Mario was there). Now Saban is going the way of the high powered, high flying offenses, and it is actually biting him in his ***.

I am not one of those that are washing my hands with this offense yet. Mario saw this work, but his personnel is not where it needs to be.
"Now Saban is going the way of the high powered, high flying offenses, and it is actually biting him in his ***."
Ron Burgundy What GIF

Advertisement
Back