We just hired Alabama's QB coach, Associate Head Coach, and OC in waiting and there are complaints?

Advertisement
Really? Only those two options? That is flat out wrong. Here's another option:

Dan Enos wanted to leave Alabama and the current "turmoil" they are experiencing and Miami probably pulled out the checkbook for this hire. Dan realized that the opportunity to go to a top 10 program (yes, we're still top 10 in terms of allure and prestige) and turn around a dismal Miami offense with some solid autonomy while working for a HC that has shown he means business was a great next career path.

what turmoil is bama experiencing? they're the most stable program in college football. one bad game doesn't undo that. coaches come and go, that's how saban runs the program. dude is a belichick disciple and runs bama the exact same way that the pats are run, minus those pesky salary cap restrictions.

One post followed by another with totally opposite statements presenting what they said as facts based on which they didn't think it was a good hire! First post says the guy is pro style and the next one says the guy dose not run the ball enough thats why Saban didn't want him LOL

View attachment 75700View attachment 75702

they're not totally opposite statements since enos isn't locked into pro style power. looking through some things from some sec west fans, he is pro style base but utilizes a ton of spread concepts. more of an unpredictable offense that is a total ***** to game plan for. saban was pretty clear about not being happy with venturing too far into spread territory and he could have told enos that he wants a ground-and-pound offense to overwhelm the defense and control the clock, whereas enos may have wanted to run a more open offense that has a philosophy of just scoring.

Advertisement
This is a top notch hire that shows we mean business. Let's see how the staff shakes out and how he performs for the next couple years before some of you overreact.

Larry Fedora would have been great but his heart wouldn't have been in the job and he'd be constantly looking for a HC position.

Major Applewhite had some serious red flags and there is a reason why he's been fired quite a bit during his coaching career.

I'll repeat... We just hired Alabama's QB coach and OC in waiting. Let that sink in.

Also, assistant head coach to Saban means something, doesn't it?

this means one of two things:

1. saban stated that he wanted more power running and enos has a differing philosophy, making the difference irreconcilable.
2. saban is cool with him walking because he is a decent oc, but wants someone better. if bama wanted him, he'd still be there.

i'll give him a chance, but it's not really an inspiring hire, imo.

from someone who knows Saban, and has worked closely with him, I will tell you that is "bovine excrement"

Advertisement
they're not totally opposite statements since enos isn't locked into pro style power. looking through some things from some sec west fans, he is pro style base but utilizes a ton of spread concepts. more of an unpredictable offense that is a total ***** to game plan for. saban was pretty clear about not being happy with venturing too far into spread territory and he could have told enos that he wants a ground-and-pound offense to overwhelm the defense and control the clock, whereas enos may have wanted to run a more open offense that has a philosophy of just scoring.
Enos has been reported by people who followed his career to adjust his play calling to whatever the HC wanted and did it successfully. So I don't see him go against what Saban wanted. Saban complaining is not an indictment on his abilities and doesn't mean Saban didn't want him.

Again, not a single football reason why this is a good hire except “was Alabama's OC for two weeks.”

Has engineered one successful offense in 7 opportunities.

Best hire possible. Finally Miami went & paid a top notch assistant. Our fans are so clueless.

Advertisement
You a Pelosi fan ? Surely not
giphy.gif

Advertisement
We have some of the nastiest and most ignorant sports fans in the USA.

We just hired the best available OC in the country and idiots here are crying or meh-ing it....

Enos' hire just increased our recruiting/transfer cred by 2000%....

We can dispense with all the debates about Enos when you see what happens to our recruiting/transfer haul over the next month.

If i am wrong, i'll be back to eat ****..... guaranteed....

We have some of the nastiest and most ignorant sports fans in the USA.

We just hired the best available OC in the country and idiots here are crying or meh-ing it....

Enos' hire just increased our recruiting/transfer cred by 2000%....

We can dispense with all the debates about Enos when you see what happens to our recruiting/transfer haul over the next month.

If i am wrong, i'll be back to eat ****..... guaranteed....

I forgot to add-- if high-talent recruits/transfers come to UM because of Enos-- that's the real testament to "how good is Enos?" with the people who know better than you dipshyt Miami sports fans-- the players.

Advertisement
Back