We just hired Alabama's QB coach, Associate Head Coach, and OC in waiting and there are complaints?

cyrez8

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
This is a top notch hire that shows we mean business. Let's see how the staff shakes out and how he performs for the next couple years before some of you overreact.

Larry Fedora would have been great but his heart wouldn't have been in the job and he'd be constantly looking for a HC position.

Major Applewhite had some serious red flags and there is a reason why he's been fired quite a bit during his coaching career.

I'll repeat... We just hired Alabama's QB coach and OC in waiting. Let that sink in.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And gotta help with recruiting just cause he’s from Bama, these kids feed into **** like that.

This is a top notch hire that shows we mean business. Let's see how the staff shakes out and how he performs for the next couple years before some of you overreact.

Larry Fedora would have been great but his heart wouldn't have been in the job and he'd be constantly looking for a HC position.

Major Applewhite had some serious red flags and there is a reason why he's been fired quite a bit during his coaching career.

I'll repeat... We just hired Alabama's QB coach and OC in waiting. Let that sink in.

this means one of two things:

1. saban stated that he wanted more power running and enos has a differing philosophy, making the difference irreconcilable.
2. saban is cool with him walking because he is a decent oc, but wants someone better. if bama wanted him, he'd still be there.

i'll give him a chance, but it's not really an inspiring hire, imo.

Miami fans are tired of the ancient F****** pro style offenses. Yet, we get another pro style coordinator

Advertisement
I'm on board definitely a power move taking him from Bama! Alot of Georgia fans upset too thinking he was going there saying it's a great hire now bring me the qb Hurts and we fvckin!

Why do we always have to grab some pom poms and wait a few years? Why do you think message boards exist? I'll tell you, not to circle jerk each other and give group hugs. There's is entertainment in discussing what if's, playing devils advocate, looking at both positives and negatives, breaking down unknowns, speculating, etc. It's called conversation. Are we not allowed anything but positive spin Baghdad Bob?

Advertisement

1. saban stated that he wanted more power running and enos has a differing philosophy, making the difference irreconcilable.
2. saban is cool with him walking because he is a decent oc, but wants someone better. if bama wanted him, he'd still be there.

Saban has been burning through coaches left and right, Tua only has one year left and this guy actually made Hurts a good passer. There is no way he didn't want him to stay. Saban isn't a kid anymore, he's got to be looking at his chances of winning titles on a year to year basis.

Advertisement
Miami fans are tired of the ancient F****** pro style offenses. Yet, we get another pro style coordinator

So you're more concerned with style than winning, good to know. Let me guess you think we should have never left Nike too huh?

SLOW CLAP

Advertisement

Really? Only those two options? That is flat out wrong. Here's another option:

Dan Enos wanted to leave Alabama and the current "turmoil" they are experiencing and Miami probably pulled out the checkbook for this hire. Dan realized that the opportunity to go to a top 10 program (yes, we're still top 10 in terms of allure and prestige) and turn around a dismal Miami offense with some solid autonomy while working for a HC that has shown he means business was a great next career path.

One post followed by another with totally opposite statements presenting what they said as facts based on which they didn't think it was a good hire! First post says the guy is pro style and the next one says the guy dose not run the ball enough thats why Saban didn't want him LOL

Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 9.25.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-11 at 9.25.17 AM.png

Advertisement
Back